How often to run AV system scans?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by FadeAway, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Usually once a week.Unless i've been surfing a little more dangerously then normal.Then i'll sneek in a quick scan.:D

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

once a week :D or when i have spare time

3. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

I scan every time i install a newer build of my AV (beta usually, so can be everyday sometimes... just to look for bugs).
    Other than that, if there are no newer builds, i dont scan my PC... I suppose if my AV didnt upload/release any newer builds, I'd do a scan every 2 months.

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

It's worth mentioning that if the computer in question is likely to be used by several people, some of whom may be visiting goodness knows what sites, then scanning every night or once a week may be justified or even advisable.

My comments were based on the assumption that the computer is used only by the owner, or other trusted individual, so it is unlikely to be placed at greater risk.

Also I am referring to full system AV scans; people will often do additional 'quick' scans using an anti-spyware scanner, and that takes up so little time and energy that it would seem to be a good compromise solution for those who like to scan.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Only scan once a month more or less, sometimes less...

6. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

About once a month... if even.

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I've been going from 1 month scans to 6 months scan as I haven't had a nasty on my system in over a year.

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I don't do full scans unless I had reason to think I was infected so very seldom do I do them. I also have not used the Avira real time monitor since the April 19 upgrade. I don't even have that installed. I use Avira as a right click scanner for all files I download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.