How many clients update from mirror http?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by DontPanic, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DontPanic

DontPanic Registered Member

Found your post from a few years ago, is it still true with ERA v1.0.105? Clients on Various versions of ver3.

Marcos
    Eset Moderator Join Date: Nov 2002

Re: Is the ERA HTTP Server Broken?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many clients update from the mirror via http? This method is not suitable for networks with more than 100-200 workstations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcos,

I have a problem with about half of my clients updating from mirror error msg says download interrupted. I have about 590 clients that update from this mirror. The other half update fine from this mirror. I also have 2 other mirrors one with 550 clients and one with 120 clients that are working fine.

Do you think that I have to many clients on one mirror?
    Should I add another http mirror?
    Should I be using IIS instead?
    Could it be a license issue? I have a license for 1500 clients about 200 left which i will be adding in the future.

DontPanic

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Did the download interrupted error occur on Monday? We've been running around 500 clients against a single HTTP mirror without problem for a while, but something weird happened on Monday that caused a lot of people to see that download interrupted error, but around the time that defintion 3956 was released it went away. I assumed it was a problem with the definition update and not with overloading the mirror.

3. DontPanic

I did notice more on Monday it looks like it is doing better here also. One of the problems here is that we use a program similar to MS SteadyState which reverts back to original setup on the pc after a reboot. I will check into this a little more to make sure the updates are not reverting back also.

Thanks for the info on the number of pcs on mirror.

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

If it is reverting the updates, many of those products offer the option to exclude a specific directory which you could do for the local updfiles one. That may get you around it.

Even with 500 clients checking for updates against the mirror every hour, you would be hard-pressed to see more than 10 or so updates being served in a given minute window and I seriously doubt that small amount of I/O would cause problems.

5. DontPanic

OK i will check into that thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.