How long does it take to restore systems?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yakiniku, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakiniku

yakiniku Registered Member

True Image 9.0 build 2337
    I got back up for c: drive whose size is about 10GB to secure zone, which is located on the same hard disk drive... it took about 20 minutes.
    But I took about 2.0 HOURS to restore the backup.
    Does it take so long to restore o_O

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello yakiniku,

Is your C: drive SATA or IDE?

If it is IDE you should see restore times approx. the same as backup times. If is SATA, the Linux drivers used in the Recovery disk may be perfoming slowly. This is a very common complaint when restoring from a USB 2.0 drive.

I might suggest you try restoring with a BartPE disk using my TI9 plugin. You will have to supply the Windows drivers for any SATA controller you have. This way you will be using the same Windows drivers to backup and restore. Therefore, your times should be similar.

mustang

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello yakiniku,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please create the bootable rescue media with Acronis True Image 9.0, boot your computer from it and try to restore your image in rescue mode.

If the problem persists in rescue mode, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. yakiniku

mustang san and support team ;
    Thank you for your support.
    We'd like to try your suggesion if I had a chance to restore system.
    (I hope that such a probbem never happened....)

5. Charlie Wisc.

Charlie Wisc. Registered Member

I'd recommend that you take tech support up on their offer to help as soon as possible. Even do a restore now, though you don't need it. Waiting until you're in a predicament can be VERY frustrating.

I had a very similar long restore problem on my laptop, and after several private e-mail exchanges with tech service, the problem is solved. My system had needed 2 hours to restore, but now only needs 16 minutes!!!

So, give tech service a chance. Their pretty good, and timely with their attention.

6. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Charlie, so that others might benefit, do you what it was that you changed to make the restore go quicker?

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

At the risk of sounding like an echo, do what Charlie Wisc. says!

Get the fix and do test restores, perhaps even make some notes on how you did it, so you know you will be able to handle the disaster efficiently when it comes. Note that is a "when" not an "if".

If you are having problems the last thing you want to be wondering about is the ability of TI to restore the system.

8. dld

dld Registered Member

9. yakiniku

Everyone, Thank you for your suggestion.
    My system is also Laptop. So I'm really interested in Charlie san's opinion. How can you improve the restore time ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.