How long do we have to wait for a reply from support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Newbuyer, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newbuyer

Newbuyer Registered Member

HI,
    I sent my error log report to the support 46 hours ago and all i got is an email sayiing that they have recieved it with no solution. Is this normal?

I keep recieving error 502 "unable to create volume snapshot" , every time i try to back up partition C:. I have the latest build of TI9 and operating system is windows 2000. I just bought this program this week. I want a solution for this first before i ask about other problems such as unable to write recovery data to a CD( which works fine with other programs).

Any answers is appreciated.

Thanks

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

It might be worth doing a forum search on this one - I think, but can't recall, this is resolved by downloading an updated version of snapapi.

Try a search on snapapi as well.

If your return email had a 'ticket' number, then support will be in touch - the last time I used it I think there was about a 3 day interval, which isn't IMO too bad as I don't have a support contract. Don't forget you may not be in the same time zone as Acronis.

Colin

Colin

3. NickWhitehead

NickWhitehead Registered Member

I have found it impossible to write reliably to CDs (and DVDs) without creating a separate bootable partition containing just W2K, SP4, InCD 4 and TI 9.0.

Crashes the PC totally pretty much every time.

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

What version of InCD 4?
    Early versions were very bad.
    I gave up on the product in Feb 2004, maybe later versions are better?

5. NickWhitehead

NickWhitehead Registered Member

V4.3.14.1

It came with the DVDR. Possibly Roxio's offering is better, I don't know, but I'm getting wary of buying such software in the hope it might be better, only to find it isn't.

6. Howard Kaikow

The version of such software supplied with a drive is often a watered down OEM version.

Drag 2 Disk in Roxio's EMC 7 was better than InCD 4, but there are folkes that have problems with any version.

Ihave a multiboot system and have EMC 7 on my main OS.
    Nero/InCD is on my less frequently used OS.

I believe that EMC now is up to version 8.
    Nero is allsao at a later version and includes a later release of InCD, I believe InCD 5.

I don't do much recording, but I do know a lot about the underlying standards.

It sems to me that most, if not all, of the optical media recording vendors have software that has problems.

I would never use an OEM version because suppand updates would be hard, if not impossible, to come by.

Both the Roxio and Nero software are often offerred at good prices AFTER rebates at some vendors such as www.buy.com.

And, having the OEM Nero likely qualifies you for purchasing the upgrade.

I would suggest trying the retailversion of Nero or Roxio, but which would be better for you? Flip a coin, no way to tell unless you can find someone using an IDENTICAL software/hardware configuration.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I am going to at least partially disagree with this statement. I have in the past had Roxio OEM and more recently Nero OEM versions and there was never any problem updating them with the latest patches.

I never bother with support other than email or forums for anything.

For my purposes most of the additional features in the more expensive versions, things like better sound editing, video editing, nicer user-interface, are useless. These certainly may be of interest to others though. The "reliably burn the file to the disk " capability is alive and well in OEM versions.

8. Howard Kaikow

As I recall, the OEM version of EZCD 5 I had to be upgraded to be able to use patches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.