How is it possible that Google still recognizes my machine?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Perene, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Perene

Perene Registered Member

@Sordid, the accounts are created as anyone would. There isn't any special method I use to do it, and in every single time I create a Gmail account. Also, I don't log in the account again unless I need to download the data, which isn't working in 100% of cases even if the videos are shared with anyone that knows the link (other than that, there is only PUBLIC and PRIVATE and accessible for those you select).

Precisely because I don't log into these accounts multiple times and only use them to store videos, saving the links and logging off them, a BAN isn't likely to happen. In the past I already had a few accounts blocked, but that was easily fixed by providing a cell-phone number and/or waiting a few days before trying again.

The way I use their services might seem excessive, but I already had over 8 TB of data stored freely in Internet Archive (archive.org). However, after I discovered how much GD can surpass them, I started removing my contents from there. So far I only stored a little more than 1 TB in Google servers.

There isn't anything saying expressly that you can't:

1) Create multiple Google accounts;
    2) If you already created, not being able to store any data in them.

If you are allowed to do it, then this isn't abusing their system.

Specially because Google has a method of preventing you from creating 500 accounts at once.

They want you to do it, yet they will not make the account creation easy.

I can live with that.

I only asked what is the criteria for not asking (sometimes) the SMS code. This is either completely random or there are ways in which they can bar you from creating an account directly.

I don't need many more accounts, currently I have 88 from Google and perhaps half a dozen more will suffice for the remaining data I am storing. Well, I would store all videos in Youtube, if were not for this reason:
    https://torrentfreak.com/youtuber-sues-google-viacom-over-content-id-takedowns-150513/

And for the record, not even a single content is shared with anyone. Therefore, I am using Google for backup purposes only.

P.S. 88 GD accounts = 1.3 TB.

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

OMG! Why not just get an external hard drive? I have 3. I keep copies of copies of copies.

3. caspian

That's a terrible way to watch videos, in my opinion. You lose too much quality. Yandex has the same thing but their quality is no better. You can actually watch videos from a mediafire account too. And others.

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Good question! :D

5. Perene

Perene Registered Member

And I had 13. But I sold all of them. I only keep my copies freely on the internet. I decided not to pay for anything.

However, if I want the files to never be deleted, I only have two choices: Google Drive or Internet Archive with the option noindex=true in metadata activated. In both sites I can host my contents and have no fear they will be deleted someday.

In fact, I had a few URLs deleted from Internet Archive, but never a single file from GD. This happened with I.A. because some moderator saw my page in the derivation list or I flagged a "red alert" as in "derivation failed, need an admin to fix the problem and start again", the problem with this is that they might look into my contents while fixing the server issue. Other than that, my few TBs are still there. The noindex option does the same as GD when you make all the links semi-private: no one knows they exist.

I am not going to use external drives also because all my watching is done using an iPAD. The only similar alternative is... Netflix. But their titles very often vanish from the catalog, and over 90% of what I want isn't there or lacks something such as a subtitle.

No, this is the best way, for several reasons:

1) You can add subtitle streams (such as SRTs) to your video, and watch it with them;

2) You can upload a file with almost 15 GB - most untouched Blu-rays, 1080p/720p videos will not fit in most free services offered out there - such as Zippcast.com, which is limited to 3 GB - BTW, I found one untouched Blu-ray, and once I converted to Matroska, a single movie took a little more than 20-25 GB, so I had to split it - and I also uploaded some rips reaching 4-8 GB per episode from documentaries;

3) The quality loss is acceptable in the same way as Youtube is. Sure there is a loss, yet I fail to see how the Google reencoding is bad as you describe it. If the source material is already in SD (720x480 at best), then there's nothing you can do, but in my opinion even LOSSY videos you can find on the internet (in 360p) are in an acceptable quality when viewed using Google Drive.

What I don't find acceptable is the end result from Internet Archive, their player isn't as friendly as Google Drive's and while they claim to accept subtitles, I can't get them to work as they should.

4) Google Drive allows files to continue to be sent (resume for uploads) even after you renew the IP (provided the browser is still trying to send the file, of course - don't close it).

Internet Archive lacks that, it will force you to resend the thing from the start. A huge issue for people with slower broadband connections. And while they allow huge files to be sent, this is done using Flash, and I discovered this seldom works. With the normal uploader you are limited to 2 GB (this option ALWAYS works, which forced me to split the videos into a few parts, something I never wanted to do).

GD is "a must" if you are sending massive data using multiple browsers and accounts. Precisely because you can keep sending files over DAYS until it's finished.

5) The downside is that GD player can't send the video fullscreen, while I.A. can (in iPAD/iOS).

However, both aren't showing subtitles in fullscreen mode. GD can only go fullscreen if you download their app from Applestore. One way to improve this is to change the video URL from:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/SEQUENCEOFLETTERS/view

To:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/SEQUENCEOFLETTERS/preview

6) Both GD and I.A. will keep the original file you sent, while other sites will only retain the reencoded version.

For example, if I send a 5 GB Matroska file to Youtube, after the reencode I will only be able to download the reencoded version with 3 GB (and .MP4 extension). Another downside is that GD sometimes forces you to log into the original account of that file to download it. I noticed that if the file is a .RAR, then this isn't necessary, but if it's a video, it usually is.

7) GD allows you to browse through a folder with all your ebooks and other contents such as audio and image files. We can even do a slideshow from a folder with JPGs using the app from Applestore, provided we use CHROME BROWSER for iOS and click in the folder link.

(Note: only Chrome Browser for iOS is capable of sending you to the app - Safari isn't - however, as of January 04, 2016, only Safari can switch subtitles and resolution from videos, while this Chrome browser and the app can't do both)

As I explained, it is the Chrome Browser for iOS that is sending us into fullscreen mode and into these folders and media files. We only need to log into one account we have in this app (I don't need to log into all 90), and after that, I can use a private website with all my links stored in those 90 accounts and click in them, to redirect me to the content I want.

If you understand english well enough to not need subtitles most of the time, this is perfect for you - to have your OWN NETFLIX. I do understand this language, however subtitles are indispensable, in order to avoid a few expressions said hastily from being misunderstood. Not only movies can have that, sometimes I fail to understand a few parts from documentaries and a few more esoteric words. I love reading anything, specially transcripts and subtitles, it makes me feel secure that I am grasping the whole meaning of what the producers are trying to convey.

8 - Not only the files aren't deleted, you don't need to keep logging into the account again or accessing the files to keep the contents alive. Google and Internet Archive not only after decades (compare how much time has elapsed since companies such as Megaupload launched their services) remain financially secure, they don't actively censor what we do, unless trigerred by someone's complaint.

Dailymotion, on the other hand, after I only sent a half dozen files, prevented me from sending anything else and "investigated" my account, randomly removing 2 videos, even though no one complained.

The only file I had triggered by Google itself was an episode from a sci-fi show. The original file wasn't even deleted, only not allowed to be seen anymore. Most likely Google had a DMCA complaint and the digital fingerprint matched my copy. I fixed this issue by simply using MKVToolnix to attribute the audio/video tracks a language, thus creating another fingerprint, and sending to GD again. It wasn't detected anymore. And MKVToolnix doesn't reencode anything.

If this had happened in I.A. they would have deleted the entire page with several videos uploaded.

In short, I have pretty good reasons to stick with GD... and since my last post I created 2 more accounts using SMS, and won't do this anymore. There aren't more contents for me to upload to GD, the rest I still have are in a way dispensable (not so much relevant as my favorites already stored in GD), so I'll keep them in I.A, anyway.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  6. caspian

I am going to upload a movie to GD to see how well it plays.aybe I'll start using it a little. Have you tried Yandex Disk?

7. Perene

Perene Registered Member

No, and when I tried to create an account, they returned me this error:

Access temporarily restricted

Your access to has been temporarily restricted.
    Why has this happened?

Please provide us with your mobile number on the Telephone Numbers page so we can quickly restore access to your account. This is an additional measure to ensure that you are actually human, and not an automated computer program. We will send a confirmation code to your mobile free of charge. After entering this code all restrictions to your account will be lifted and you will have complete access to Yandex.
    If you don't have your mobile on hand or can't use this method for other reasons contact our Support Service.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Edit: Well, so much for Internet Archive. They deleted all my contents from there.

Only going to use GD for now on.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  8. Perene

Perene Registered Member

For the record, I created a VM with Windows XP and tried to create a new account. Still asked for the SMS code.

That means only disguising the IP will work, it is not related to the computer used. And like someone mentioned before, Google is sometimes asking, sometimes not.

Perhaps changing the IP won't make any difference either, because I tried again with that TunnelBear VPN and didn't work. In fact, only worked once. So that means the normal behaviour is to ask for the SMS code.

I have no idea how I managed to create dozens of accounts before such restriction took place. I also have no idea how I was able to create 5 accounts at once recently. Only God knows the secret to bypass this request... And it isn't changing the computer's name. Perhaps it is by changing the MAC address?

And to make things worse, none of the free SMS services are useful to receive any code from Google. I mean, websites like this one:
    http://www.receive-sms-online.info/

All phone numbers were either verified too many times already or can't be used. I wasn't able to make a single one (!) work with Google, something I find amazing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.