How is Herdprotect doing it?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by metmichallica, Mar 28, 2015.

1. metmichallica

metmichallica Registered Member

Yes, it must be a bug or something.

2. metmichallica

I downloaded and ran the scan which didn't take that long. It didn't upload over 8000 files. It skipped over a lot of them on it's own. My computer has never been faster. It found stuff (games that were bad), adware, bad toolbar that zemana missed. Definitely worth a try for free.

3. quietman

quietman Registered Member

I also downloaded herdprotect ,and ran the scan after reading this thread.

After carefully going through the log file I decided that all were false positives .
    e.g IMGBurn set-up file .... an old favourite FP with some of the various other "on-demand" scanners that I have road-tested in recent years :-

Mbam
    Eset
    Sophos
    Hitman
    Super Anti-Spyware ( less and less these days )

Likewise with various utilities that I have previously downloaded , used and trusted ..... eg adwcleaner ,jrt , Farbar , rkill , networx ,
    ...... all marked as potential malware by herdprotect

It even detected itself as "potentially malicious !!!! " ....
    ...... but at least it had the decency and good manners to label itself as a false positive - :)

Seems to me that there is no additional benefit here to anyone who already uses the newer version of SysInternals
    which includes an option to have any process automatically checked with " VirusTotal "

For now I'm going to stick with my well-proven and trusted on-demand scanners ..... MBAM and ESET

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  4. metmichallica

It didn't detect itself on my computer. If you are looking for a second opinion scanner without all the false positives try Zemana Antimalware. It's not free, but as a beta tester many got lifetime licenses. I think it's $19.95. They still have to work out some kinks in the program, but it detected more than Hitman Pro did on my computer.

5. A thread on a product with only two posts pertaining to it.. I just went trough 3 pages of reading trying to learn of this product to see everyone's opinions on products that have their own threads here.. o_O

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.