How is GhostSurf Platinum 2005?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ghostsurg29, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J. Newhall

J. Newhall Guest

So Controler says it's not a one time fee to use Ghostsurf and SPEEDY6128 says it is, who's right??

Can Ghostsurf be used with other browsers than IE and would this help to avoid the conflict issues mentioned by AShaR??

For example if I used Firefox to access the internet without any proxy service/anonymizer (like GS) but used Opera with Ghostsurf would that work better, or do I have to use all my browsers with only Ghostsurf?? Or does Ghostsurf only work with IE?? Thx.

2. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

My personal experience is that Ghostsurf does not work well with Firefox. It works ok to begin with but if you change the privacy settings that seems to skewer everything. Some pages will load, some won't. Then I have found if I exit Firefox, I can't load it back up again until I kill the GS process in Task Manager. There is definitely some sort of conflict between the two programmes on my pc.

Everything works fine with IE or clones like Maxthon though. I much prefer Firefox though so I use Firefox for everyday browsing and if I want to use GS then I switch to Maxthon. Not ideal though, I would much prefer to be able to just switch to normal mode (not anonymous) while in GS and using Firefox.

Email support isn't bad, I generally get a response the next day.

3. SPEEDY6128

SPEEDY6128 Registered Member

J. Newhall Mate,

It is a one time fee. You get a code and register it, and thats it. You can use it as long as you want. Plus like I say it is proberly the fastest proxy service you couldnt possable get. As for using it with Mozilla, from my personal experience I've had none. Ghostsurf doesnt automatically configure it self to Mozilla at the start, so you will have to change the settings within Mozilla, dead easy though. Or if you wanted just leave Mozilla settings alone and surf normally threw firefox, while still surfing threw ghostsurf with your internet explorer (or IE based browsers). If you close down ghostsurf, you can still surf the net threw internet explorer, but you will have to close down your browser and reopen it again to be able to do that. For any apps or browsers in which you your self have configured to work with ghostsurf, they will not work if you shut down ghost surf. But they will work again if you just load ghostsurf backup again, no rebooting needed. I personal only use ghostsurf for IRC,Mozilla,and Avant browser. If in doubt, try it out. they offer a free trial, get the standard version though. Hope this answers some of your questions.

best regards kev

4. J.Newhall

J.Newhall Guest

Thanks very much AShaR and SPEEDY6128. Your replies were both very helpful and informative.

5. ReBzY

ReBzY Guest

I downloaded the free trial version of this and set it up and for some reason didnt work with either firefox or IE. so i uninstalled it, everything was fine agen but then i wanted it agen for the adblockers and that so i reinstalled it and for some reason it worked fine, obviously not with firefox properly but with IE.

Now IE doesnt work agen, i try and go on it and its saying 'cannot find server' all the time again. i have no idea why when it was working fine before and i havnt changed anything.

so anyway ive now tried to uninstall it agen and now that goes wrong, i click on uninstall and ot just goes to the uninstall window and does nothin in the bar that shows the progress of the uninstall.

please if someone cud help me wat to do now wether its how to uninstall it or set it up to let me use IE properly again, thanx alot.

6. controler

controler Guest

It all depends on what lever you have it set for. If you have the level set too high, you not be able to access certian sites that want your info

7. ReBzY

ReBzY Guest

its ok now ive uninstalled it but problem is now that its still trying to go the the proxy in IE, even though ive unchecked the 'use a proxy ' box. so what can i do now?? do i have to reinstall IE or sumthin dya think?

8. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

For me, no site is accessible unless it's a "special site" under normal conditions or running under anonymous only setting (cookie blocking) - seems like hub isn't working

*edit - nevermind, I guess you have to register it.

9. rahulmvora

rahulmvora Registered Member

ghostsurf platinum 2005 overall is an excellent piece of software + its proxy servers are best ...

but i am having one problem , i dont know how it works with IRC ... i tried every possible thing but it doesnt work ... i have used proxies before in IRC , so i know what the procedure is but still it doesnt work ....

port is 7216 , ip 127.0.0.1 [default settings for ghostsurf] ... for e.g i want to go to efnet , i typed in target irc server :- ' irc.efnet.net ' .... in mIRC , in firewall options , i put it as proxy , acting as server , and putting 127.0.0.1 and removing port no 1080 and instead of that putting 7216 ... but still it doesnt work at all .. it always says unable to connect to firewall , and incase i put it as DCC instead of server i get connection rejected by firewall ...

i would be nice if SPEEDY6128 , AsHaR or any of u guys using ghostsurf be able to explain what wrong i have done , or what more is needed so that ghostsurf's proxies work in mIRC ....

10. lynchknot

Is it true that when using a proxy, they have your passwords? I guess you would not want to use webmail and banking with proxy

11. mr.security

mr.security Guest

I thought when you log in with a password, at banks especially, the data your sending is encrypted with 128 bit encryption, so the proxy service couldn't read them because it's encrypted data passing from your computer to the bank. All the proxy does is relay the data, a go between.

Yahoo web based email does have this option as well, but you have to select it. I'm not sure it's 128 bit encryption though at Yahoo. Not sure about other web based email like Gmail and Hotmail ect.....

12. lynchknot

but message boards you visit and sign in are not then eh? All my web base are belong to them! :eek: Another issue is I can't upload to image shack even though it's bypassed.**edit - worked that time - usually becomes stuck - links never appear.

13. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

I am finding that to access some message boards, I have to reduce the level of security which kind of defeats the point. You can still access the boards in 'invisible' mode where personal details are supposed to be blocked and ip invisible (data is routed through invisible hubs according to the blurb) so I am not certain what happens to make the website accept the lower security level. Maybe accept a cookie?

14. Jack D. Browser

Jack D. Browser Registered Member

Philly, PA, U.S.A. & Tangier, Morocco, Africa
    It's good, it works, and soesn't slow you down too much. Pick up their strong encryption pack right after installing it also. Also, go with the Platinum Pro 2005, not the basic Ghost Surf, for the mony it's a good deal. I think Microcenter has it on sale now at $25.00, which can't be beat. Another feature I really like is the Personal Privacy Vault they include. Excellent for storing executable files, and when you need to reinstall one, just double-click it, and once your software is installed, and your close the file, it jumps right back into the vault and encrypts itself again--cool & easy. For the sale price(Though, I paid $20.00 direct, but don't have the disc.)from Microcenter, of course, you get the CD, just select to search by their SKU number, and Ghost Surf Platinum Pro 2005 is SKU#562264. For the money, and amount of programs it contains, it's easily the best program I've ever bought. (Look at the retail price of Spy Catcher on Microcenter's site, just under the Ghost Surf listing, and is included with Platinum Pro--It's $30.00!) Go for it now, before it goes back to $50.00 retail. Have fun, and safe surfing. And by the way, their proxies IP address is listed out of Houston TX, so that's where snoops will think you're coming from. Also, Anonymizer just came out with their privacy suite, which now has a plug in for Firefox!
    Later, Jack D. Browser ;>)

15. Jack D. Browser

I thought that Ghost Surf uses port 7212?
    Jack D. Browser

16. Jack D. Browser

Ghost surf works with Firefox. Pick up the Firefox extension called Switch Proxy v1.2, and it puts a toolbar right on your browser to make it super easy to switch between Ghost Surf and no proxy, or another proxy, like Anonymizer. On the toolbar, select which proxy, and click apply--that simple. You don't have to go into your connection settings, or exit Ghost Surf, or adjust it's security level. Enjoy, Jack D. Browser

17. Jack D. Browser

Like I said in other posted messages, Ghost Surf Platinum Pro 2005, is a great deal for the money, and works fine. However, I'd like to either get some type of program or subscribe to a service that will rotate your IP address, for UDP online gaming protocol. Can anyone help, I'm all searched out. (At least for a couple days!)
    Thanks Much, Jack D. Browser

18. lenslok

lenslok Guest

I can't get the bloody thing to work with IRC either - several others on various forums with the same problem too.

I like ghostsurf, I just wish it was a little more friendly with regards IRC

19. controler

controler Guest

It would be fun to see the results of people that are not using Spycatcher after they used the FREE online scan. I don't think too many people here even know it exists LOL

http://www.tenebril.com/scanner/main_start.php

controler

20. There is no way I can get my Gmail account to work with GhostSurf. I can log in to Gmail but cannot open my mail. I tried to set Gmail as a special site and set it to Normal, but this doesn't even work. I have to turn GhostSurf off completely in order to open my email.

21. how uniinstall it 100% ?

Hi !

is anybody who can tell me how uninstall it complete; i tried it and works wella, but i have other better { spyware doctor, counterspy, avast, or NOD 32} .

The case is that when i tried tu uninstall it; it seem to be erased, but everytime i start windows allways apear me an advertisment that says:
    it could not be found anty-spyware satelite.exe it says something lkie that. and since i dont click: acept windows do not run.

PLEASE someone that can help me to finish with that error, i'll be glad.

Thanks

22. i dont know

23. Re: how uniinstall it 100% ?

Im talking about ghostsurf platinum

24. meme

meme Guest

I have to say Ghostsurf pro 2005 has made alot of problems for me over the last six months. After i installed it, it was working fine. But after i restarted my comp GhostSurf stopped working. I had problems with windows update service and many of my programs were not able to be updated as well. So i forgot about the ghostsurf problem, coz updating my anti-virus and firewall was more important. Anyway after SIX MONTHS of emailing microsoft and pritty much everyone else about this problem. I have finially found out want the problem is. And you guessed it, it was GHOSTSURF. Ghostsurf was going so slow that Internet exploer 6.0 stopped working and as i was using AOL's browser i did not notice.

Now the problem is Ghostsurf does not uninstall completly 100% it leaves hidden files on my hard-drive. Which i can not find. so i had to reinstall ghostsurf, Anyway after i changed ghostsurfs settings to 'NORMAL' everything works again Windows updates and all the software that can only be update via IE.

Now i have since got Ghostsurf to work on the two top settings as well 'Invisable' and 'secure'. HOW? i HAVE TO REINSTALL GHOSTSURF EVERYTIME I RESTART MY COMPUTER.

As after i reinstall ghostsurf it works fine even with encrypt on. But when i restart my computer i cant get it to work on the two top settings. But after uninstalling it and then reinstalling it everything works fine again.

I've reported this bug to ghostsurf makers and still havent got a reply back. And that was a week or so ago.. Alot of people have this problem as well.

And most dont no after reinstalling it, it will work again UNTILL THEY CLOSE DOWN THERE COMPUTERS THAT IS!

25. meme

meme Guest

NEW! ghostsurf is not working all the time now, i dont have to reinstall it everytime i startup my computer again. However i am having problems with ghostsurfs encryption.

I have downloaded the 'High Encrytion pack' from ghostsurf makers which now means the encryption has jumped from 52-bit to 1024-bit WOW. however i have just noticed, both internet explorer 6.0 and Firefox are not stating my connection is using encrytion. As with my bank's site who use 128-bit encrytion both browsers inform me when i am going to a 'secure area' ie encrytion is active. But when i use ghostsurf on secure mode none of these pop-up warnings come-up contacted the site direct but there support service is crap, very slow replys (if you get one at all) If it was a subscription service, i bet they would respond much faster, to keep getting more money. However its a one-time fee. Which in a way is a con coz if they upgrade ghostsurf every year and you want that one you have to pay again for the new one. So in a way they will be getting a yearly fee from me.

Anyways back to the point anyone using ghostsurf Platinum 2005?

Do you use the encrytion? do you get pop-ups from windows telling you connection is encryted? or a padlock in the bottom right-hand cornor of your browser when using ghostsurf set on 'Secure'?

Any comments about this products workings would be great thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.