How good/bad is Kaspersky?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Gaeko, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subset

subset Registered Member

This basically depends on the findings of the emulator.
    Some may be classified as low restricted, some as high restricted and others as untrusted.
    So you will have to rerun the test with these files to see what will really happen.

But at this youtube video (Part 2) you can see that KIS puts unknown malware to low restricted till he modifies this setting (08:20)...

In automatic mode 'low restricted' means something like allow most with very few prompts.
    So you won't get many prompts with KIS anyway and therefore I don't know what you mean.

Cheers

2. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

you playing "brain dead" or what? what is it you don't know? put OA in automatic mode... in KIS you have semiautomatic mode where app. analyzer will put appz in groups (advanced mode), where you can chose what to do with prompts, just like with OA, app (not in trusted database) wants that and that, allow/deny, always, put in trusted, put in restricted etc., etc.... also, all child's which is started by appz which is in restricted mode will inherit same mode as parent, even if child is in trusted group originally...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  3. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Application analyzer is something that maybe can be tweaked for future versions. I'm sure novices wouldn't change the permissions.

4. subset

subset Registered Member

No, I still don't know what this has to do with Matt's settings I was referring to. :p
    Nor do I know what OA has to with it. o_O

Cheers

5. ajcstr

ajcstr Registered Member

Re: A Little OT...

Anyone know what version it was fixed in (CHKDSK issue)?

6. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Hehe.. poor QA. These guys are clearly not running driver verifier with memory leak checking enabled. Its so basic. No wonder KIS2010 has so many quality issues. IMO KIS2009 is much more stable.

7. xandros

xandros Registered Member

The only thing bad about Kaspersky is the performace, slows down internet and somewhat not light on a pc. Other than that it is the best protection to prevent malware and other threats.

yes kaspersky 2010 its slow my computer , forxample, if i want to copy and paste anything its take more time if kaspersky on my computer
    if i want to open any site for example www.msn.com or yahoo.com its will take more time if kaspersky 2010 on my computer
    if i want to download anything from the net its will take more time if kaspersky on my computer
    if i want to start my computer its will take more time to start the computer coz of kaspersky on the computer
    if i want to shutdown the computer its will take more time if kaspersky on my computer
    if i want to put any kind of CD or DVD its will take more time to start if kaspersky on my pc
    if i want to play any game its will be slow and cutting if kasperksy on my computer
    if i want to ---- tomorow i will complete im tired
    maybe you think im joking but its the real and i have the latest V of kis and this is the pic from my test laptop i mean i make this laptop only for test programs

Attached Files:

• kisx.jpg
      kisx.jpg
      File size:
      205.7 KB
      Views:
  8. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

I have just an old P4 3,4 Ghz (not real Core Duo) and 4 GB RAM + W7 x64 and I don't have any of those issues ...

Regards.

9. tipo

tipo Registered Member

are you an eset user? :))))))

10. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

You better will go to Matousec Proactive tests WebSite and see ... where is ESET ... :)

Regards.

11. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

if this is how ur posts are from now on, plz never post again with these stupid comments... learn a little before making urself look like an idiot. im sick and tired of people using Matousec as an end all answer to whether a product is good or not, it makes no sense and the onyl reason is because people dont even know how this software works so shuldnt be commenting on it.

12. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Yeah, clearly.....or change to NIS instead... :D

If you look closely that is a beta forum...for beta testing new updates...are you surprised that beta versions are supposed to fix things wrong with older builds?

13. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

@ xandros,

I might believe what you say... if my eyes weren't hurting so much from reading your last post :D

14. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

I thought it was me ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.