how does it work?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by xcaret98, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcaret98

xcaret98 Guest

I want to know if the program is runing like a backgroud service or do i have to keep it opened for make it works??

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi xcaret98,

You didn't actually say which program you were asking about, but I'm guessing it is probably either SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard, so here's a description of the two of them...

SpywareGuard is a resident scanner (similar in a way to how an anti-virus program works) which proactively scans files prior to them being executed; looking for spyware installation kits and such. It scans with both known signatures and some generic protection techniques to detect and prevent spyware installation. SG also includes capabilities to prevent browser hijacks and provides built-in download protection for Internet Explorer. Because of all of this, SpywareGuard does run in the background. In fact, there will be two processes related SG in your task manager.

SpywareBlaster is a preventative program. It sets flags in the registry to prevent the running of a specific list of bad spyware related ActiveX controls. This includes general spyware and malicious dialers. It also blocks a list of known spyware related cookies in IE6. SpywareBlaster should be run periodically, say once a week, to check for updates to its database. Other than that it doesn't need to be running to provide protection, so there are no processes run either at startup or in the background.

I hope this helps to explain how they work.

3. xcaret98

xcaret98 Guest

Thank you so much!, your information waas very helpful to understand how does it work, i waas talking ABOUT SPYWAREBLASTER, but i also learn about spywareguard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.