how do you get help with active worms

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by corrina, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corrina

corrina Guest

o_O
    when your computer is totally messed up and nothing wants to work, when your files are linked to someone else's fingers what do you do. I am no longer in control of my own computer!!! help

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Corinna,

I'm sorry about the problems you are having. Can you explain a bit more about what symptoms you are encountering?

Do you have any Antivirus or Antitrojan that you have scanned with?

What OS are you running?

I recommend that you download and run the Trial version of TDS from

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=download

Once you install it and before you launch it you should manually download the radius (definitions) update from the same page as above. Then start it up and set all sensitivity settings to maximum and then do a full scan of your system.

You might also want to take a look at DCSs PortExplorer (also available in trial mode) from

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/index.php?page=download

This program will show all listening or actively used network connections, which program (including hidden ones) that they go to on your computer and what the destination is.

Once you can give us more details we might have more specific advice for you.

Regards,

Dan

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Corrina,
    and besides Dan's advices as this is the Woramguard forum make sure after you did those scans and checks you have WormGuard installed as well, try to enable it and WG will tell you if it's save to open a file you click on.
    And is this mess there since a few days or all of a sudden, growing worse?

That windows version of yours is essential too here so i do hope you react soon so the mess might be put back in order much easier.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello Corrina, We need to know more about your system please.
    I would also recommend getting Spybot Search & Destroy from http://security.kolla.de/ As the problems could also be related to SpyWare.
    You need to consider a layered defence especially if you are on Broadband.
    All DCS products are excellent & come with unparalled support :D

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In this case i hope Corrina is on windows ME or XP so might be able to go back to a former restore point before all the mess showed up and hoping not to lose to much of later produced data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.