How do you find your lost phone?

Discussion in 'polls' started by acr1965, Dec 27, 2012.

?

Do you have location software installed on your phone?

1. Yes, it's part of my security suite

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Yes, it's a stand alone 3rd party product

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  3. Yes, from the phone manufacturer

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. Nope, but I do have mobile security software

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. No location software and no mobile security software

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I've never lost a phone before so no 1st-hand experience. On my Android phone though, I have Avast Anti-Theft installed but have yet to test the functionality.

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I always recommend testing the software first, so if anything happens you know how to use it immediately. Learn the commands etc.

I have never lost a phone either . . . I have been ROBBED AT GUN POINT which is a whole different thing. I wont risk my life for a stupid phone and some money. o_O

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Couldn't agree more.:thumb: I'm concerned about thieves. Robbers with guns or knives are are not to be messed with. I would just give the phone and money and save my precious life.:cool:

4. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I won't be specific about what I carry with me on my person or in my vehicle. But I'm not particularly worried about self-defense. I have experience fighting with people larger and heavier than myself. This is really going to come down the situation your in and your level of experience. Generally, if the suspect is unarmed, you would consider their height and weight before attacking. If the suspect is armed, you are best to surrender the cash and phone. It is most defiantly not worth the risk.

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

They usually follow the tactic of attacking you in surprise. You're not always mentally prepared for these things. Even though they know they could be taken down by you they try to imitate viciousness and scare you off.

@Techwiz
    What would you do if two men larger and heavier attack you even if they are unarmed? You got experience fighting larger men but you got any experience of winning?:D I mean what's the point of fighting them when they win and take what they want anyways. You're left beaten up. Just give 'em the damn phone and cash.:)

6. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Actually, I have gotten the upper hand in a fight with another student back in high school that was much taller and bulkier than me. I was a little under 4' and he had about 2' of height on me. The only reason things went well was because he was inexperienced. My father is what most people would call the dooms-day prepper type. Most of my childhood was spent learning martial arts and survival tactics, so the concepts of standing my ground has been well ingrained into my character. I hear what your saying, but my gut instinct would probably be to elevate my response. This should be more than enough to deter most physical aggressors. The way I see it, the thief is going to ask themselves: "Is it worth going to hospital over a smartphone and an nonspecific amount of pocket change or lint?". :)

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Good for you. You'd never need any app or service to find your phone then. No reason for you to be here in this thread.:argh:

Usually we're the ones thinking that.:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.