How do you delete old backup files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Robbob, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbob

Robbob Registered Member

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me how to delete old backup files?
    I didn't allow enough room in my Backup Location, and now Acronis won't backup until I free up some space.
    I can't find anyway to delete files in Acronis.
    I have tried deleting files in Windows explorer, but that won't let me either.

Rob

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Since you are using Backup Locations, you must be using a version earlier than ATI12/2009, which is a good thing. the .tib files are jsut normal files -- the data within is contained in a propietary format but the file system doesn't care about the content and as far as the file system is concerned, tibs are normal files. If you CAn see them with windows Explorer, which you should be able to do, but cannnot delete them, then there is a file system problem with those files. Folks here might be able to help if you state how you are trying to delete them, what error message, if any, you are getting. what ATI version you are using, jsut some basic facts.

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try Safe Mode.

4. tplp02

tplp02 Registered Member

ANSWER:

From Home Page Go to "Tasks and Logs" then

Create a new backup Task

When you create a backup task using the Backup Wizard you will go through the options. When you get to scheduling...schedule the backup for as often as you need (I Use "Daily")

When you get to "Backup Method" CHeck either "Full", "Incremental" of "Differential" Then look below.....put a check mark in "Create a new full backup after "X" days and check remove old files. This will automatically delete the older archive making room fory your new ones. Hope this helps.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If some application uses the file you're going to delete, You may try Unlocker tool, download and install the software (it's 100% free) and follow to Start -> Programs -> Unlocker -> Unlocker Assistant, then please choose the file you trying to delete -> Right click -> Unlocker, in the opened Windows choose action to Delete, Remane or Move this file.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

There are cases where you can get a file that isn't properly handled in the file system and youy can't edit or delete it. In those cases, sometimes you can create a file with the same name and copy/restore it over the other file and that will sometimes clear up the file system problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice