How do you control stuff through the remote administrator?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Flycell, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flycell

Flycell Registered Member

Hello,

My problem exists with an application that allows a 'multi-user mode' to exist so that multiple members may append data simultaneously.

The problem occurs when in this situation:

User 1 Opens File 1. File 1 exists on a network share. Because the file is currently not executed, User 1 is able to access the file. User 2 than tries to open File 1 but is told they can not access the file.

If I disable the firewall everything is fine. However, whenever any User reboots their machine the firewall re-enables itself. I've tried putting different configurations through the remote admin console but nothing is sticking. I get a "Successful" but nothing changes.

How can I change the firewall through the remote admin?

2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, I don't believe disabling the firewall is the best answer here--instead, rules should be created to allow your app to run in multi-user mode. These rules can be created automatically if you switch the firewall to Interactive mode:

-Open the ESS main program window, and press F5
    -Click 'Personal firewall' from the setup tree on the left. Select 'Interactive mode' from the 'Filtering mode' drop-down menu.

To change the firewall configuration on clients remotely, open the ESET Configuration Editor: ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus -> Personal firewall -> Setup

Also, See section 6.2 in the ESET Remote Administrator manual about pushing .xml configuration files

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.