How Do These Rollback Rx Settings Sound To You?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DVD+R, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I'm wondering if anyone else has settings similar to mine :)

I set it to take a snapshot daily at 12pm
    Then I set the preferences as thus:
    Delete unlocked daily snapshots when 7 days old
    Always take a snapshot of the current system before restoring to another snapshot
    Take a snapshot of the current system before defrag snapshots
    Defrag snapshots after deleting 7 snapshots
    Defrag snapshots after taking 7 snapshots

This way after 7 days it begins deleting snapshots one a day,and taking snapshots once a day, so after 7 days the first days snapshot is deleted,and so on each day with the second third etc... so it takes a weeks snapshots,and then begins the next weeks,and in tun will have deleted all the previous weeks, So I always have a weeks snapshots to play with :D that way it doesnt get cluttered with hundreds of snapshots, unless I lock them

2. BuckSnort_

BuckSnort_ Registered Member

Have used most of these settings to one degree or another since I purchased this program. Your setup should work fine. I would use something similar, but I had trouble with deleting unlocked snapshots after a certain period of time. Been a few months since I used that setting, so maybe I will try it again and see if I did something wrong. Sure would beat the heck out of having to do it manually all the time. Snapshots can build up in a hurry if your not careful. Love this program though. I am a beta tester for another program, and Rollback has saved my butt a number of times. Would be a bad feeling being locked out of windows and not have a quick reliable way to recover your data.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I agree on being saved, for instance just yesterday I installed some Windows Updates from the update site, and they installed ok,so I thought, untill this morning when I turned on my computer it said something about a system32 file was corrupt or missing,and windows could not start. Luckily Rollback came to the rescue :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.