How Do These Rollback Rx Settings Sound To You?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DVD+R, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I'm wondering if anyone else has settings similar to mine :)

I set it to take a snapshot daily at 12pm
    Then I set the preferences as thus:
    Delete unlocked daily snapshots when 7 days old
    Always take a snapshot of the current system before restoring to another snapshot
    Take a snapshot of the current system before defrag snapshots
    Defrag snapshots after deleting 7 snapshots
    Defrag snapshots after taking 7 snapshots

This way after 7 days it begins deleting snapshots one a day,and taking snapshots once a day, so after 7 days the first days snapshot is deleted,and so on each day with the second third etc... so it takes a weeks snapshots,and then begins the next weeks,and in tun will have deleted all the previous weeks, So I always have a weeks snapshots to play with :D that way it doesnt get cluttered with hundreds of snapshots, unless I lock them

2. BuckSnort_

BuckSnort_ Registered Member

Have used most of these settings to one degree or another since I purchased this program. Your setup should work fine. I would use something similar, but I had trouble with deleting unlocked snapshots after a certain period of time. Been a few months since I used that setting, so maybe I will try it again and see if I did something wrong. Sure would beat the heck out of having to do it manually all the time. Snapshots can build up in a hurry if your not careful. Love this program though. I am a beta tester for another program, and Rollback has saved my butt a number of times. Would be a bad feeling being locked out of windows and not have a quick reliable way to recover your data.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I agree on being saved, for instance just yesterday I installed some Windows Updates from the update site, and they installed ok,so I thought, untill this morning when I turned on my computer it said something about a system32 file was corrupt or missing,and windows could not start. Luckily Rollback came to the rescue :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.