How do I verify if a file is actually infected?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Batus, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batus

Batus Registered Member

A while back NOD32 (v. 4.0.424.0) quarantined BthHelpcdrom.dll. Now, every time I boot up I get an error message that this file can't be found. Other than that, its lack appears to have no effect on my system.

How do I verify that this file is, indeed, infected with something. If it isn't, I'd like to get it out of quarantine and restore it so as to eliminate the error message.

Failing that (or if it is infected), I'd like to get a replacement for it. I googled it, but could find nothing on this particular .dll file.

Thanks for any help.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

4. Batus

Batus Registered Member

How do I get access to zip it up and send it to ESET in accordance with the instructions at the above link? I can look at it in the NOD32 quarantine screen under tools, but the only option I have is to restore or delete it.

When I search for the file in my system, I get nothing....even searching hidden folders. It looks like things in quarantine are renamed or something. I have no idea where the quarantine folders are located on my system.

Do I restore it, then zip a copy and send it? This seems a mite dangerous.

Thanks for any help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.