How Do I Turn Off "Computer Scan" Bubble?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by AYColumbia, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AYColumbia

AYColumbia Registered Member

I just upgraded to AV 6 and every time it starts a scan, the task tray notification "Computer Scan" bubble pops up to tell me a computer scan has started. I really don't need to have this pop up every time a scan is started.

I've tried the different UI settings for notifications and it keeps popping up. I only want warnings, errors and critical notifications to pop up so that's how I have it set up. The Display Alerts is supposed to only show messages when threats are discovered or user intervention is needed.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is this a possible bug? Thanks for any help.

2. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Did you also went to the advanced settings button when you are in the section for configuring the UI settings? There you can change from informative to Warnings and click on ok to save. So you will only being informed when for example realtime protection is disabled, ...

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The bubble should only pop up when a scheduled or idle-state scan starts.

5. AYColumbia

AYColumbia Registered Member

Thanks to everyone's responses. I already have it set up the way everyone suggests per my first post.

Like AV 4, I don't want EVERY notification to pop up as it's very annoying and disruptive.

Like I already stated, the Display Alerts should ONLY show when a threat is detected and when user intervention is required. Neither of these are in play so with this enabled I should NOT see this particular pop up.

I also mentioned that I have the minimum verbosity for Alerts and notifications set to Warnings. Again, this INFORMATIONAL message should NOT pop up since my minimum is Warnings and NOT Informative.

So I don't see any other settings for this and looks like a possible bug to me, i.e., AV 6 has this particular notification incorrectly "categorized" in the program.

For now I'll turn off desktop notifications and wait for ESET to fix this. Does ESET monitor this board for stuff like this or do I need to submit this as a possible bug with them directly? Thank you.

[UPDATE] I just confirmed that the stupid thing pops up even with "Display notifications on desktop" unchecked.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.