How do I take a Screen Shot?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Blackspear, Dec 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

How do I capture a screen shot and post it without posting it into MS Word and then saving the image as a JPEG o_O

Cheers.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Press Printscreen or others need alt printscreen or control or shift printscreen, seems to depend on the system; then open Paint (in the acessoires), modify at wish and save as gif or jpg (gif seems to be the best format for posting in this forum, Fanj ever found out).

Of course there are also those grabbers around, many freeware. For working on images i also love Irfan.

3. controler

controler Guest

The best thing to do is go google for screen capture. You will prolly see Snagit which I like and the trial works fine. There are other free
    capture programs.
    I have used Quick screen capture and snagit
    The feature to make sure the program has besides capturing the complete screen is the ability to only capture a small portion of the screen, say an image on a web page, a shot of just the open window
    which is what people here do to take a shot of a program they are using.
    good luck and Merry Christmas

4. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

As mentioned before, you need to grab the image by ALT/PRT SCRN.
    Then you paste it in your graphics editor by CTRL V

I personally use 602 photo

http://www.software602.com/products/pcs/
    FREE Alternative to MS Office® compatible with Word/Excel files! The suite is composed of four full-featured applications: a word processor, spreadsheet, graphics editor and digital photo organizer.

5. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi Blackspear! Merry Christmas - it's Christmas Day!

Here is a link to a tool I have used for a long time and it has never let me down. It is fully free and freely distributable freeware! Enjoy!

ScreenHunter Free 4.0

Best regards from Larry :)

6. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Howdy

I use method first button "print screen" ofcourse; it grabs the screenshot on clipboard( invisible now), then I go launching a picture editor, could be as well whatever program which supports the most common extensions like gif and JPG, ( jpg, File Interchange [*.jpg]. I have "Picture publisher" as my editor. Next I create a blank sheet and resolution( the image size) the same as my screen resolution is, 1024 x 768. I press alt + v to paste the screenshot from clipboard on blank sheet. Next I crop the exact part of the image and save it "as name". Cropbutton looks like a zik zak if you can´t find it easily. It works when you Draw it over the exact part you want to keep.

I hope this helps too. ;) Merry Christmas

-Ari

Attached Files:

7. Blackspear

Many thanks all, and hope everyone had a great Christmas day.

I will try out what you have suggested :D

Cheers.

8. Joosky

Joosky Guest

Hi, Jooske here from another location.

Hope you succeed with the several suggestions here! Anyway it's clear you'll have to save the image in the wanted extention before you can post it. Many choices!
    Looking forward to your screenshot(s) results!

Have a very nice and merry christmas all!

9. Blackspear

Thanks Jooske, 1st tried "Paint" and that works good enough for me, getting nice clean Screen Shots now :D Check it out :D

BTW, really, Really, REALLY Impressed with the new Nod32 V2, was just taking a look around it and thought I would take a peek at the Quarantine Logs this morning, found it had quarantined Klez J, opened through a Hotmail Account downloaded via Outlook Express.

This was one of my great concerns with the previous Nod, as have several clients (including myself) that have Hotmail brought in through OE.

Did not even know it was there in quarantine. I knew the email was dodgy and was just puting Nod32 V2 through its paces to show a friend what it does. It denied access to the file. We deleted the email, not realising Nod would quarantine it at the same time (even though this is how I had set it up to do so - used to the old Nod) :D

Hope you had a great Chrissi and even better New Year :D

Cheers.

Attached Files:

10. sk

sk Registered Member

Thanks for the tip on PC Suite, MtM. If I could give you a big old Karma Kiss, I would! (Since I'm too much a newbie here, I'll have to just post this instead. MtM - You da MAN!) :D

Hey, Blackspear. Glad you found a good way to get screenshot captures. (Also, thanks for the O/T on Nod. That's a program I'm definitely going to look into!) As far as a nice screenshot capturing program, either as another alternative for you to check out, or maybe some other members checking out this thread, I've been using a freeware (No adware or spyware components!) program called Grabzilla. I like it because it's simple, easy to figure use, and very configurable, in that you have a lot of options as far as starting with windows, or not; and running in the background, or not. http://www.freetoall.info/ (Just click on the 'Downloads' hyperlink of the left side of the page.) Happy Holidays!

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You also might like the Screen Grab (free), very easy.
    http://www.traction-software.co.uk/screengrabpro/index.html
    Images i work on with Irfan lots of time to do it quick.
    http://www.irfanview.com/english.htm

12. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

:)Hi, seeing as my question is on screenprint I will stick it in here at the end. I'm much a novice at screenprint and that. The first few I took
    came up full size. Now when I take them, I can't even read them.
    Can anyone help please? Windows XPHome. o_O

13. Blackspear

Hey manOFpeace, use "Alt and Print Screen" to capture just the existing window that is active. Then go to Programs\Accessories\Paint and use "Shift and Insert" to paste the image into "Paint" after that you can save the image as a JPEG so it is small in size.

Cheers :D

14. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

15. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

:)Thanks Blackspear and LowWaterMark, that worked a treat. When
    I first started to experiment a while ago, I put print onto Word and it came out OK. Recently, for some reason it has been coming out postcard size in Word, I don't know what I have done to change it.

LowWaterMark thanks for the help, still finding my way around. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.