How do I start up?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Huib, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huib

Huib Registered Member

First I am a newbie with backups. A few months ago I made with a trial version of Arconis an image of mine C raptor disk to an exact same raptor disk D.
    Now the C disk is not starting up anymore. Even PC Angel can't restore XP. Can I start up Xp and the programs from the D disk? I can’t find anything in the manual about this.

2. MerlinAZ

MerlinAZ Registered Member

Did you create a recovery boot disk?
    If you replace your C: drive, boot with the recovery disk, you can restore your image from the D: drive back to C:.
    You will lose everything on the C: drive since it was imaged.
    Are you sure your C: is totally dead?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Huib,

Please clarify whether you used TI's "Clone Disk" feature to copy your C: drive to your D: drive or its "Backup" feature to create an image file of the C: drive on the D: drive.

Regards

4. Huib

Huib Registered Member

I am very happy to say that the C-drive is working again. XP is installed. I can see XP and all the other programs on the D-drive. THis was a clone. How do I get these data back to C-drive?
    Can I copy the files on the D-drive and overwrite drive-C ? Or can I make from D --> C and from C-->D ?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  5. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Are both disks connected at the same time when you boot? If that is the case then you should disconnect one of them. The reason is that you are trying to start two copies of Windows at the same time.

Disconnect D and see if Windows boots on C. If it does not then disconnect C and boot on D and see what happens.

Post your result so that someone can give you further advice.

6. supermario

supermario Registered Member

question

hi
    i need to make a drive image bootable into a DVD, is possible by acronis true image 9.1 workstation?
    is also possible to restore it automatically whitout other disks or toolso_O?

7. Huib

Huib Registered Member

:D I took out the C-drive. The drive with clone became the new C-driveLater I connect the old C-drive and everything was as before. Very simple when you know what to do

8. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

So, have you answered your own question, from your previous post,

or is there a problem still to be resolved?

9. Huib

Huib Registered Member

No, there is no problem anymore. I disconnect the old C-drive and the computer automaticlly start on the clone.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello supermario,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that when backing up to removable media, you can make this media bootable by writing to it additional components. With Acronis One-Click Restore (a minimal addition to your rescue media) you will be able to perform one-click disk recovery from an image archive. The image archive should be stored on the same media. This means that at boot from the media and clicking “restore” all the data contained in the image will be silently restored. Because one-click approach does not imply user selections, like selecting partitions to restore, Acronis One-Click Restore always restores the entire disk. Therefore, if your disk consists of several partitions and you are planning to use Acronis One-Click Restore, all the partitions must be included into the image. Any partitions which are missing from the image will be lost. You can find more information about Acronis One-Click Restore in Chapter 6.3.9 "Media components" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.