How do I set NOD32 to scan archives/zip files?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by writerguy, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. writerguy

writerguy Registered Member

Hi, I'm brand new to these forums and just downloaded and installed the evaluation version of NOD32 v.2 a few days ago.

So far it's caught 4 viruses and handled them in my email.

I have a question after reading the posts in this thread. My apologies if this is the wrong forum, or if I should've started a new thread: How do I set NOD32 to scan archives/zip files? Posts in this thread speak of selecting "archives" as a choice in IMON and/or AMON. But the closest I can come is to find the selection "Scan all files" with a check box under "Exclusions."

Is that what I should check or is there somewhere else?

I gotta say, everything I've read about NOD32 has been encouraging. I will probably buy it at the end of my evaluation. (It caught a virus that avast! Pro 4.1 let get by when I was testing avast a couple of days ago.)

I found NOD32, BTW, because the guy who developed "K-9" antispam software mentioned that he uses it because it integrates well with both his software and his email client without settings problems. (I use K-9 and PocoMail 3.0.3 for my email client.)

Sorry if I've gotten off-topic, but I really want to be sure I have NOD32 set up the best I possibly can. I have about 25 email addresses I check every half hour or so.

Thanks,

Gary Speer

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Look under NOD32>>Setup "Objects to Diagnose"....

HTH.....

Regards,
    Kent

Attached Files:

3. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

For IMON:

http://charterpipelinentx.net/imon1.JPG

4. writerguy

writerguy Registered Member

Thanks for both replies. I found the settings and got 'em set. :D

Gary Speer