how do I remove password protection?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Surebrec, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surebrec

Surebrec Registered Member

I updated ESS earlier to the latest version, and after doing so, I was told that the parental control wasn't configured or something to those effects and was told that it wasn't set up on all accounts.

I clicked the link in the ESS window and it took me to the parental control section. first thing I was asked to do was create a password, which I did. I didn't know I was going to be asked to input this password EVERY time I want to make changes to anything. I'm not a child and there is only myself that uses this PC. I'm not an idiot and I am not prone to visiting websites I know I shouldn't be, so the parental control feature is pointless.

I have since diabled it, but I am still being asked for the password every time I want to make changes to anything, even allowing applications access to the net.

how do I stop this annoying feature that I didn't ask for, nor do I want?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's a security feauture for protecting program's settings against modification by unauthorized people. You can disable password protection in the main setup -> User interface -> Access setup.

3. Surebrec

Surebrec Registered Member

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.