How do I input the following parameters into Command Prompt for CCleaner?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Security Novice, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Security Novice

Security Novice Registered Member

/AUTO-- Runs the cleaner upon loading and then closes the application.
    /AUTO/SHUTDOWN -- Runs the cleaner and then shuts down the computer

How would I type these lines into Command Prompt? What are the exact lines of coding I must I input in order for these commands to be made? I am completely new to Command Prompt so help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to make CCleaner clean a specific program whenever you turn off that specific program? For example, if I turn off Mozilla Firefox, I want to make ccleaner automatically run to clean any traces left by Mozilla Firefox. Are there any Command Prompt lines that allow me to do that?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

I would suggest using Task Scheduler to run CCleaner, as it is super easy, and can kick of on a user set shedule, ie. every hour, twice a day, etc...

This also has the benefit of possibly protecting against an Obstruction charge in a legal proceeding because you set it up years ago and it always runs.

Just follow the Task Scheduler "Add a Basic Task" Wizard and add /AUTO to the "Extra Arguments" field. It will run with the options set through the GUI.

To answer your direct question, you just open a command prompt and 'CD' to the CCleaner directory (or just right click while holding SHIFT on the folder and 'Open Command Prompt Here') and run ccleaner.exe /auto

PD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.