How do I get rid of AVGAS?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Biscuit, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Hi

Vista32, AVGAS paid version.

A while ago, I tried the new Vista compatible AVGAS on my pc, but then uninstalled as I could not use it as an on-demand scanner without having the product sitting in memory all day.

Since uninstalling, I still get AVG listed in the security centre, how can I get rid of it please?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1174/664321256_737ed0fc27_o.png

2. steveke

steveke Registered Member

3. Biscuit

Thanks for the link Steveke, it seems the same type of issue & interestingly it's AVG again, although a different product. I've also had Prevx2 installed on this pc, yet after uninstallation, there's no longer a reference to Prevx in the security centre. I'm a little concerned about making things worse by rebuilding the database, so I'm inclined to leave it sitting there.

It would be interesting if any other ex-AVG Vista users have this issue?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi Biscuit !

This should solve your Security Center problems (valid for both XP SP2 and Vista , and for all products)

5. Biscuit

Thanks HiTech

The fix appears to be the same as Steveke's link. I didn't really want to do that fix as it could also make things worse. :cool:

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why ? It never messed anything when I have "performed" it

7. Biscuit

Someone got borked doing the fix:

(From Steveke's link)

8. steveke

steveke Registered Member

9. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I just performed the fix the day before yesterday on my XP home. I think my fix is a little different though. I stopped the WMI service, then deleted the repository folder in windows/system32/wbem and then started the wmi service again. After that I rebooted and everything was fine. I have had to do this several times now. I keep the instructions on my computer Lol. I'm honestly thinking about just disabling the Security Center.

Good luck, innerpeace

Edit: I did see the fix is the same one I use. There is also automated script file that others have wrote (Rejzor) that do the same thing. I know there is one at the Comodo site also. I'm not sure if it would help backing up and renaming the repository folder in case you have to restore it. I can find the auto tools if your interested.

edit: here is the link to rejzors thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=145412&highlight=rejzor security center

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.