How do I disable email scanning and turn off the Nod32 signature at end of emails?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by blackberryar, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackberryar

blackberryar Registered Member

As far as I know, many people recommend turn off email scanning saying it's unnecessary and often causes dbx files corruption and other problems.

How do I turn that off?

Besides, how do I avoid the nod32 appearing at end of evey email I send?

__________ Información de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4762 (20100xxx) __________

ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, scanning at the application level of the OSI model (POP3, IMAP, etc.) is different than scanning mailboxes themselves (dbx, pst,...). Email corruption shouldn't occur at all, at least not at the application level if a particular email scanning application has been thoroughly tested and used widely for a long time. Regarding dbx files, these should always be open in read-only mode when scanned on demand so any scanners shouldn't corrupt it either.

2, appending the tag message to scanned email can be customized in the main program setup under email client protection setup.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.