How Do I Create Full Image to DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FourierXForm, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FourierXForm

FourierXForm Registered Member

Hi,

Going through the FAQ's, manual and some posts, it seems unclear on how to create an image on my hard drive to a DVD.

I have an IBM X41 Tablet PC with a MATSHITA CD/DVD RW. I have the latest Acronis TI 9 build 2323. I insert my blank DVD in to my drive. I then choose to backup my entire disk from Acronis TI. After about 40 minutes (with approximately 50 minutes to go) I get a read error. In the lo file are two error messages:

Error: Module 1 - Code 502 (0x101F6)
    Operation with partition "C:" was terminated.
    Details:
    Read error (0x70003)

Error: Module 100 - Code 5 (0x640005)
    Operation has completed with errors.

Is it possible to perform a full backup while the OS is in use? Do I have to perform this from a boot disk? I haven't worked with an image creator since the old Norton Ghost which was easy. I am having alot of problems thus far. Please advise. Thanks!

2. noonie

noonie Registered Member

I assume your dvd writer is in the dock. Ti does not write directly to dvd.
    Easiest is to boot with ti cd and send your image to a network drive, then burn after. If you want your hidden predesktop area to be imaged you must make it visable in bios first.

3. FourierXForm

FourierXForm Registered Member

Thanks for the reply!! Yes, my dvd writer is in the dock. If TI does not write directly to DVD, then why does it give it as an option? I have seen it listed in the manual and FAQ's, it's just a little unclear. I purchased this product mainly for that purpose.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.