How do I add my other computers....

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Brian2005, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian2005

Brian2005 Registered Member

Hi everyone, I hope I have not started to many threads. I just have different questions and I like the kind, professional help Wilders members give :). I have the latest release of ZoneAlarm Pro 6 loaded on a computer I use for testing software, etc. Its working very very well... but I am wanting to know one thing.. how can I add the other computers on my network.. like how do I find out the IP address or whatever you call it to the Trusted Zone.. I put the network in the Trusted Zone but one of the computers has trouble accessing the Internet.

I am thinking I will just need to load ZoneAlarm Pro on all the computers that currently do not have it on my LAN. Whats funny is.. is its just this one computer that seems to always have problems connecting to the Internet. I've reformatted it 3 times now, and it still has problems connecting. It will connect sometimes, it won't others. Thats even with ZoneAlarm Pro not installed.... but anyhow, if anyone can help answer the above question or if I should just install the ZoneAlarm Pro program on all my computers in the LAN, then let me know.

Thanks all, and I appreciate the kind help :)

Brian

2. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

Perhaps the network card on the troublesome computer is faulty? Or perhaps the ethernet cable (or wireless card) is faulty. ZoneAlarm Pro should automatically detect the network :) Just add it as a "Trusted Zone" and off you go ^_^

3. Brian2005

Hi Kye-U, yes I was thinking the same thing. I may have to get a replacement. Its not that old either... maybe 2-3 months and just recently its had this problem.

Thanks for the reply :)

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Could you clarify your network setup, ICS or router?
    Running "ipconfig /all" without the quotes at the command prompt will output you IP, subnet and other network info.
    When you added the network, did you add individual IP's or the LAN subnet?

Reagards,

CrazyM

5. Brian2005

Hello CrazyM, I am not very computer savvy as they call it but when I set up the LAN.... I did it through the hard-wired computer of course in Windows XP. I have 5 other computers using a USB card that communicates to the router.. to be able to connect to the Internet.

Do I need to give you the information that ipconfig /all shows? If so, please let me know....

Thanks!

6. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Does it show your IP as something like 192.168.1.xxx with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 ?
    If so, you will want to add the subnet to the trusted zone: 192.1681.0/255.255.255.0
    You can PM the info/output if you do not wish to post it.

Regards,

CrazyM

7. Brian2005

Well I entered it into "Run" and instead of the window staying, it disappears in like 2 seconds. I tried it 3 times, same thing :(.

8. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Run > cmd (should open the command prompt)
    In the command prompt (will look like old DOS window) > ipconfig /all

Regards,

CrazyM

9. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

Open a Command Prompt window and enter "ipconfig /all" {without quotes}. You are trying to enter from a Run box and that will run and then vanish as you are seeing. Instead, open a Command Prompt first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.