How can I update the server version?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DavidJMT, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidJMT

DavidJMT Registered Member

It's 2257 and I'd like it to go to 2416... And also I'd like to know if I can do it Remote Administrator Console.

Thanks!

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

When you click "Update now" what error message do you receive?

Cheers :D

3. DavidJMT

I'm using the remote admin console... and there's no such option (or at least I don't see it -- unless I'm updating a client).. so, am I supposed something else on the server?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Remote Admin Console is installed on a computer . RAC is used to connect to the RAS and contol workstations . The computer should have a version of NOD32 (either Standart or LanUpdate) which is used to protect that particular computer . If you have such , follow BS's sugestion and press Update now . If you don't have , install one of the versions (depending on your needs) .

RAS and RAC new versions can be downloaded from Eset's site and installed over the old versions
    http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php

:thumb:

5. DavidJMT

So on my server I'd need to install
    NOD32 for Windows 2.70.39

I'm asking 'cause I mean, it already has the service running (RAS) and I already can connect remotely -- by installing RAC on my computer.

So I need the client on the server? :p

I'm just a little confused that's all...

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , of course . RAS and RAC are just doing control/monitoring for the other computer , they don't provide you with protection for the server .

What is the server's OS ?

7. DavidJMT

Windows Server 2k3

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ok .

Now , if your license allows you to install NOD on one more system , you should install NOD32 Stardart or LanUpdate edition as soon as possible to keep the server protected .

Depending on your needs , you need to choose between Startdart version and LanUpdate edition (this is Standart+Mirror) . The mirror version must be installed on the machine with the RAS but from what I read this server (Windows 2003) has only RAC which connects to RAS on another computer , so Standart edition would be fine .

Direct link to download and install Standart NOD32 v 2.7 for Win 2k3
    http://www.eset.com/download/balance.php?dir=/download/win/v2st/ndntenst.exe

Make sure there are no other AV products installed on this computer!

Install using Typical install . Reboot when prompted so .

After reboot your computer will update from internet if you have net connection and if your license UN/PW has been entered correctly . You'll note that IMON is grey (not active) - this is normal for servers because IMON works on Winsock and would interfere with ~the network if working .

You can then configure your NOD32 to either update from the internet or from your local Mirror , you can also change your settings .

I also strongly recommend you to perform full In-Depth scan after you have updated NOD to ensure there are no threats :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.