how can i stop my isp d/c me

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Aug 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

does anyone know how i can stop my isp disconnecting me see i tryed ringin up suport to get this stoped and i got the run around and i like to know if there is anyway i can jam there remoat disconnection so that they cant disconnected me coz this can be extreamley troublsem especaly when im runin updates or security patches that i cant use a download accelarator for oh my the way my isp is bt

2. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

3. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

That depends. If you mean that disconnection when the connection is idle, then yes. There's all sorts of software for that. A windows setting too.
    If you mean they boot you off after a certain number of hours, then there is nothing you can do about it.

4. Bethrezen

hi

thanks for ya answers ill take a look at that app when i get the chance see if that fixes my troubles

cheers

5. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

You're welcome ;)

Happy Computing !

6. root

root Registered Member

If you're getting disconnected for idle time, just set your email to check every ten minutes.
    No need for programs.

7. I think you are on dial up ....

This one is still free..do not know if it will work for you...but Peili has a screenshot and enough info for you to decide...
    Keep It Alive is an easy-to-use program for keeping a dial-up Internet connection alive. It is a fact that many ISPs disconnect their clients dial-up connections if they are not active for a certain period of time. Keep It Alive keeps your dial-up connection alive by trying to get a web page in every a few minutes.

http://www.pclightning.com/

8. Bethrezen

hi all

thanks for ya answers

root nice idea about the email asuming i had outlook i uninstalled it coz 1 it didnt work 2 its crap and insecure 3 i dont use it insted i use hot mail not excatley secure eather but nessary to use msn messenger and men explorer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.