How can I saved Flash video from a Website?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by fce, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

yes, no SWF.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Pardon me for missing that - you stated so in your opening post. Have you contacted'em?

========================

Taken from a Crucial Limit blog which "could potentially be" as Mrk stated:

After having read through the following, you can supposedly locate the correct url with an http monitor like Charles. @ any rate, lots'a good info if you can find "just another rant," save flash from firefox. Read carefully, you might be able to get'r done unless USGBC tells you otherwise.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  3. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

There is always the hard way, doesn't always work though. I used these methods quite often.

With the video running open your Fx profile folders cache folder, sort by size, do a couple of refreshes and look for the file that is growing larger. That more than likely is the cached flash video. When the video finishes, hopefully the file is still there. Copy the file to another folder and rename it with the flv, swf extension as appropriate.

Sometimes the file is auto deleted when finished, a solution that sometimes works is to pause the video and let it continue to download, when downloading stops, copy the file.

Some large streams only place part of the file in the Fx cache folder, often a full copy can be found in the users profile temp folder, sometimes the windows temp folder. These also sometimes get deleted when the video is finished. It helps to empty out your temp folder first too.

4. GlobalForce

All in the thread I last referenced Chrisretusn ....

5. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

If it is an online course, it might be that they have installed some kind of security to prevent someone from saving the streaming video. I registered for an online class with my university once and tried very hard to find a way to copy the streaming video but failed. They were using "Real media" not flash though. Perhaps your online course also has some similar security in place. They obviously do not want people who have not registered and paid tuition to access the online lectures.

6. fce

fce Registered Member

yes i called them and they don't allow member to save the online course video.

i guess that's it, i can't save the online course flash video :'(

7. GlobalForce

Well, it makes sense. At least you know for sure now. I'd still investigate Charles - sounded pretty good!

8. fce

fce Registered Member

thanks!

next week i will enroll another online course with the same website....again with the same problem!

9. GlobalForce

You were able to find (http monitor) Charles, yes?

10. fce

fce Registered Member

how to do this?

11. GlobalForce

Remember, I said investigate, not override. Keywords: You were able to find (http monitor) Charles, yes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.