how can i find out if a company is safe to buy from?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i didn't realise how difficult it is to find something on the internet when you don't really know what you are doing :rolleyes:

how can i find the best place to buy something?

also, i found a place called pc ink which has some printer stuff i want, how do i know it's OK to buy from them?

i looked at rip-off report and there's nothing about them there. is there anything else i can do? thanks

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You can check out BBB Online, also try doing a google search for the company name plus "scam" and "reviews"

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Notok. i tried a search for rip off :D i'm just sure what i want is a rip-off because it's so cheap. but, so far i haven't found anything.

i just looked at BBB Online and i didn't find anything.

4. RealResults

RealResults Guest

Reseller Ratings is a good site where buyers provide feedback on their experience with online venders. Here's the link:

http://www.resellerratings.com/

Hope this helps.

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Check http://www.bbb.org/

Also, http://www.resellerratings.com/

Note that if a price looks too good to be true, from an unknown vendor, then it it is likely unsafe to buy from that vendor,

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I looked at the privacy and security of the site and the related links there and it seems to be a legidement site but the final decision is of course yours.

bigc

7. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Privacy and security are, of course, important, but at least as important is how the company does business. Timeliness, restockomg fees, customer service, when the credit card is charged, shippomg fees, return policies, customer satisfaction.

8. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Another thing to look at is whether they list a address and phone number. Searching by the company's address, I don't show anything out of the ordinary, just links from other sites. If they were bad, the chances are that there would be a million other companies at the same address (probably all sketchy), and/or other red flags. They also seem to have a pretty solid terms and conditions.

If worst comes to worse, you could always dispute the transaction through your credit card issuer.

9. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks for the help. i'm not so worried about the site now because i slightly misunderstood what my sister said was being sold, and i didn't notice it was selling significantly less then i thought because i didn't read the page and just looked at the price and printer code :rolleyes: OK, i thought it was a complete Laser printer plus a Toner Cartridge for about £60 when, infact it's just the cartridge :D she must have been mumbling at the time :blink: time for elocution lessons :D

this is the printer i'm going to get. it's a laser printer by samsung for $100
    http://www.samsung.com/Products/Pri...erPrintersforHomeandHomeOffice/ML_2010XAA.asp

does anyone know a good place to buy from?

10. T772

T772 Guest

11. T772

T772 Guest

12. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

:D i think the site's OK, i made a mistake about what was being sold :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.