how can i download signature database updates in hardisk ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by look :), Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. look :)

look :) Guest

how can i download signature database updates in hardisk ?
    id like to update my anther computer which is not have intrnet connection

so how can i update computer than is not have intrnet connection ?
    \

2. zashita

zashita Registered Member

With an administrator version of Nod32 ...
    You must purchase a multi users license to have this version.
    Once you have it, you can setup an update mirror and even create a CD or usb key to update your other computer.

3. look :(

look :( Guest

why eset do this :(
    all AVs can update them be download update files from intrnet !!
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download.html

too bad :(

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

if your machine without the internet connection has LAN access to the machine with the internet, you can run an enterprise version on one machine (the one with the internet connection) and then update the other machine from the first...

5. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

What would be the cost for using such a small setup of the enterprise version? I have thought of this for my setup, but I didn't think it would practical to buy the enterprise version for a 3 computer setup. It would make adminstering the two laptops easier though if it isn't any more money then the multiple licenses were.
    I wouldn't have to be on each laptop to check that scans were completed, updates applied and such.

With the booming home network business expanding relatively quickly, perhaps Eset should develop a smaller enterprise version similar to Agnitum's with Outpost, say a configurable 3-5 license package with a remote admin setup.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

At the moment, I think enterprise pricing begins at 5 licenses - I suggest contacting Eset directly to make the suggestion on the small office setup... if enough people ask, who knows...

7. flyrfan111

Ok will email them and post in the future changes thread. I doubt they will though, Symantec's offers a 3 pack, but it is just 3 individual licenses, no admin type functions as far as I know, So the competition aspect isn't there for development. I think KAV does the same and the Workstation version starts at 5. Perhaps Eset will want to lead the pack though. I will give it a shot.

8. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

To all who may read:

zashita gave the correct answer: "You must purchase a multi users license to have this version."

This is NOT the Enterprise Edition which is a totally different model.

2 or more computer licenses purchased will enable the downloading of the administrator version.

;)

9. flyrfan111

Please explain, I had two licenses and renewed both which I take to be a multi-user license correct? Yet I was never informed of the option to use the adminstrator version because I purchased and then renewed for two licenses.

Edit, I do have access to the Adminstrator version and just did so. It's is my own fault, I guess I entered the password incorrectly the last time I tried to download it and assumed I need a corporate license to access it. Thanks for the help, it works just fine now.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  10. zashita

zashita Registered Member

I am glad to see that all is ok now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.