how can i disable windows 10 update forever ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, Oct 21, 2015.

1. anon

anon Registered Member

Why GWX Control Panel is better than other solutions:

• Some methods are only temporary fixes. They make the app go away until you restart Windows, or maybe until you do another Windows Update, but they don't truly stop the Get Windows 10 app from bothering you- they just postpone it.
    • Some methods are unsafe (especially the ones that involve you disabling Windows Update).
    • Some methods have potential to result in unexpected or undesired behavior if you're not completely sure what you're doing or if you apply a change to the wrong files or folders.
    • And some just went way beyond what was truly necessary to keep the Get Windows 10 app from bothering you.
    • GWX Control Panel doesn't do anything special. It's just simple and safe, and it works.
    • GWX Control Panel is a standalone executable, doesn't require to be installed.
    • GWX Control Panel is digitally signed.
    -----------------------------

MD5 Checksum: 959F1627A304DAE42305AA4D4D23B770
    SHA-1 Checksum: E58E0B2AD672793BCBD35D74E35EA4A2E371EA18

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b53542abd9f66146a8b424a374bc5589383c4b0d360d31c86e70b523f7f6ae86/analysis/

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  2. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

Other members can help you with this question, I don't use Windows 10. Sorry. But like I said, there are probably many ways to shut Windows down, but you may never know how effective it is and Microsoft might find new ways of making sure you play your part of the EULA.

Are you using Windows 10 just for the sake of it? Because it looks good? Or because you actually need it?

3. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

Me too. I'm very paranoid and I don't trust people. I tend to use FOSS software as much as possible and I'll probably never install or run programs from small vendors.

4. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

Considering the RTM version of windows 10 was still quite buggy you would be missing out on the fixes. Also the big Nov update will probably require previous updates. If you want to disable most of windows 10 then I would recommend not using windows 10. I'm not happy about the forced updates myself but I think MS will be more careful with them now rather than risk bricking millions of PC's

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.