How can I change the status of a site on ESET?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Mag_90210, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mag_90210

Mag_90210 Registered Member

Recently a site I was visiting was blocked by ESET and now I can't access it at all. I get the following message:

Any ideas? I went to

Setup > Enter Entire Advanced Setup Tree > HTTP > Blocked Adresses

but I didn't find any blocked adresses there. I also tried adding the url of the site to the excluded adresses but that still didn't work. Any ideas guys? :rolleyes:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If the site has been blacklisted , it distibutes "potentially dangerous content" .

A way to bypass this protection is to :
    1) Clear your browser cache
    2) Disable ESS web protection module

You can now visit the site . Note the site or the downloads from there could harm your computer and personal data!

3. Mag_90210

Could you please tell me how to do those two? Cause I have no idea. (yea I'm a n00b :shifty: )

As for the site, don't worry it's perfectly fine. I've been using it for years now and haven't gotten anything from it.

4. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

I thought it was a firewall issue. you can try shutting down your firewall component first.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

To clear your browser cache :
    Download and run ATF Cleaner from http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1
    When the user interace opens , choose "Select all" button and clean the temp files . Note , better to have the browsers closed at this time.

In order to disable ESS's web-access protection:
    1) Turn ESS to "Advanced mode"
    2) Goto Setup -> Antivirus and antispyware . When you see "Web access protection" , below there should be a "Disable" option . Use it .

I have nothing to worry about because I don't visit that site . You will be at risk . You are warned ;)

6. Mag_90210

Thank you a whole lot mate, it worked perfectly. Cheers! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.