How can I change the status of a site on ESET?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Mag_90210, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mag_90210

Mag_90210 Registered Member

Recently a site I was visiting was blocked by ESET and now I can't access it at all. I get the following message:

Any ideas? I went to

Setup > Enter Entire Advanced Setup Tree > HTTP > Blocked Adresses

but I didn't find any blocked adresses there. I also tried adding the url of the site to the excluded adresses but that still didn't work. Any ideas guys? :rolleyes:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If the site has been blacklisted , it distibutes "potentially dangerous content" .

A way to bypass this protection is to :
    1) Clear your browser cache
    2) Disable ESS web protection module

You can now visit the site . Note the site or the downloads from there could harm your computer and personal data!

3. Mag_90210

Could you please tell me how to do those two? Cause I have no idea. (yea I'm a n00b :shifty: )

As for the site, don't worry it's perfectly fine. I've been using it for years now and haven't gotten anything from it.

4. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

I thought it was a firewall issue. you can try shutting down your firewall component first.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

To clear your browser cache :
    Download and run ATF Cleaner from http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1
    When the user interace opens , choose "Select all" button and clean the temp files . Note , better to have the browsers closed at this time.

In order to disable ESS's web-access protection:
    1) Turn ESS to "Advanced mode"
    2) Goto Setup -> Antivirus and antispyware . When you see "Web access protection" , below there should be a "Disable" option . Use it .

I have nothing to worry about because I don't visit that site . You will be at risk . You are warned ;)

6. Mag_90210

Thank you a whole lot mate, it worked perfectly. Cheers! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.