How are you supposed to delete a virus in quarantine?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Stophel, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stophel

Stophel Registered Member

NOD32 Antivirus. I have two things in quarantine, which have been there for a while. One is called "Win 32/Adware", and the other "a variant of Win32/Kryptik.BN Trojan". Now, I suppose they are fine just sitting there in quarantine, but I'd just as soon that they were gone completely. How do you get rid of them? I click them and it gives me the option to "remove del", and if I click it, it says "do you really want to remove selected files from Quarantine?". Well, no, I want to remove them from my computer. The way it appears, I would just be restoring them, so I click no.

The users guide tells me NOTHING about deleting malware that is in quarantine. It tells me how to restore it, and tells me how to submit it to ESET for review (haven't gotten anything back from them, by the way), but absolutely nothing on actually getting rid of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

If you select delete its asking are you sure you want to remove and by selected yes deletes them from the quarantine and computer.If you have any doubt I suggest a Re-Scan and it should find nothing.As long as you don't select restore you should be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.