How AI is transforming the future of fintech

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Minimalist, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/how-ai-is-transforming-the-future-of-fintech

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, nowadays I believe that stock trading is mostly done by computers, so it's getting more dangerous. BTW, it seems like Wired has abandoned their anti-ad blocking tech?

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I wasn't greeted with Welcome page today either. :thumb:

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

On thorough reading, it wasn't talking about all stock trading, but the High Frequency Algo's that do split second trades. While not insignificant they don't represent the whole market.

5. Rasheed187

Yes correct, but I meant in general, machines will decide more and more when to buy and sell stocks, based on input of humans, but eventually they might take decisions on their own, who knows.

Seems like they might have changed their minds, same goes for forbes.com, all of a sudden it works again with ad-blocker enabled.

6. guest

guest Guest

unfortunately , they represent most of the tradings.
    I am stock trading (at my level) , so i can tell you they do already, all trades are done in milliseconds by complex softwares based on defined rules analyzing various informations (conflict, accidents, etc...) .
    My trading web interface allows me to select a share and sell it only on criterias i selected hours to minutes ago. Then once done , the machine take relays and aggregate all inputs to deliver several orders at same time.
    in trading you can't waste one second, because fluctuations of a share is about seconds, a human cant do the input manually.

7. Rasheed187

Yes correct, this is how all the big banks and brokerages trade. Personally I don't use this type of software yet, I trade purely on instinct. I can see AI becoming more and more important, but this article reminds us how dangerous it can be.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.