How accurate is the ESET website scanner? Please help!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by satasonic, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engineeringfun

Engineeringfun Registered Member

Totally agree with this statement. :thumb:

ESET Nod32 is very good at detecting rootkits, trojans and other infections so I believe you are safe is malwarebytes and hitmanpro detect nothing. If anything is found it may be wise to post the log so further analysis can take place. It has happened to me, but quite a few times google says visiting this site may harm your computer. I myself have never experienced the fake scan thing when browsing, but my parents who are not knowledgeable in this area click on random sites and once Nod32 terminated a website from sending trojans. I had to install WOT, Adblock Plus and NoScript for better protection, although they do not like this setup. Haha. :shifty:

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

They should be Happy and sing.... Don't worry be Happy IMO :D
    And be glad they have a daughter with great useful knowledge!

3. Engineeringfun

Haha, so I tell them, but they do not want to be bothered with anything to do with computing or security. :) Thanks for the nice comment, hopefully they will be happy to receive some info on how to protect the computer, as it saves a lot of money if you are aware of the dangers of the internet and configuring important settings.

4. satasonic

satasonic Registered Member

Guys, I still hasnt scanned with Malwarebytes, but I do believe that I am clean so there is no reason to really (In my opinion). Good to hear that this is the message that we need to get (The address blocked: Connection terminated one :p ). Nod really does do a good job of detecting the nasties doesnt it?

5. Engineeringfun

I have Nod32 v 4 and just recently downloaded Malwarebytes free in case Nod misses anything (which is pretty rare as it's awesome). Nod32 is one of the best at stopping those inconsiderate and destructive viruses that constantly cause chaos. Remember to keep downloading Windows Updates and remember to update Nod. Also, may be a good idea to download Firefox 4 as it is a safer browser and download all those I mentioned as it will prevent rogues.

Another good idea is disabling prefetch on Firefox in case it preloads a rogue site or malicious script contained on the site. That is the con of prefetch, even if it loads a webpage quicker than before, it leaves vulnerabilities in the browser.

Hope everything works well. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.