How about some possitive reactions for the new NOD

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by martindijk, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hello,

Tried the downloadlink today (sunday)which is http://sun.uid0.sk/%7Eeset/download/win/v2st/nd98enst.exe and guess what, it finally worked, don't know where the problem came from, but is working oké now.
    Even the updates are back, running fast and smoothly.

I must say, the new NOD is looking good, working fine, only the exclusion feature for a file or folder does not work, a lot of others also reacted on this.
    I read the people at Eset are working on it, besides that great program, works smoothly, no interference with other programs, keep up the good work and thank you for the support.

A satisfied user :D,

Martin van Dijk
    the Netherlands

2. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Agreed
    I like the new Nod very much( the old too), and the program will ofcourse be fine tuned along the way.
    Satisfied too :D
    Regards
    Ole

3. RAV

RAV Guest

I am a new user of NOD (I tried V1 several months ago and didn't like the interface). Since V2 became final, I decided to give it another try with the 30 day trial, and I must say that I am impressed. I plan to register. I only wish there was a discount for 2 users since I would like to consider loading it on a second machine.

4. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Agreed too,

I like it very much, no conflict whatsoever with other program. I also like the interface of the new version.

And like Madsen DK says, after a while it will be fine tuned and it will be even better. ;)

5. DougRees

DougRees Registered Member

:D

After I got everything working (I think the problem was my fault), I'm totally sold on the new version. It's much simpler than the old one, and the email arrangement is much better.

I have felt for some time that NOD32 is the best antivirus in the world, but until now was reluctant to recommend it to my non-techie friends (who are mostly poets, and are really really really computer inept). Now I feel that I can do so with a clear conscience.

:rolleyes:

6. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hey all,

nice to see also some nice words among solving a couple of problems.

Thaaanks! :)

jan

7. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I'm wrapped in the work they've put into email compatibility. For 3 years now I've been forced to use Microsoft's email client Outlook Express because almost every anti-virus vendor out there seems to only ever support Microsoft email clients.

I couldn't use Poco or the Bat or Incredimail because of virus fears. When I emailed them (vendors) they said we only support Microsoft's email clients. Now that ESET have broken with that stupid rigid tradition maybe others will follow.

I tried the bat, Poco and Incredimail and NOD32 left it's seal on all of them without any configuration whatsoever!!

I ended up buying Incredimail today and am very happy that Eset has put me back in control of which email client I wish to use.

What beats me is that with all the money, expertise and human resources of the large anti-virus companies why they can only make Microsoft compatible email checking products when Eset have been able to include almost all email clients!! Now I can see that it wasn't because of difficulty but because of MOTIVE!!

Dave

8. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

<<I couldn't use Poco or the Bat or Incredimail because of virus fears. When I emailed them (vendors) they said we only support Microsoft's email clients. Now that ESET have broken with that stupid rigid tradition maybe others will follow.>>

I really don't understand your comments re TheBat.

Firstly, because off the way it handles HTML it is immune to the problems OE has and won't autorun attachments anyway.

Secondly, it has had a NOD plug in for at least the last two years that works flawlessly with TB!

Clive T

9. asdf

asdf Registered Member

I'm satisfied with incredimail support too !. I couldn't get the first nod to work with it .The Nod 2 works with it automatically !
    Nod2 is a clean ,attractive,very well set out interface.
    I expect to stay with Nod as long as ther effectiveness and reliability remains.
    I'm a happy customer. :D

10. JayK

JayK Poster

Your comments to pocomail is offbase too. Since it handles html without going through IE. You can also set it up to refuse remote pics etc.

Only Incredimail is dangerous

11. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Gents,

Let's not turn this into an email client thread ;)

Thanks in advance,

paul

12. Kym

Kym Registered Member

The best feature for me is that there is only one item in the Sys Tray and one interface.

13. StAnger

StAnger Registered Member

Just installed it as my backup scanner. Now I know why you guys were always saying it is fast.
    I´m still dizzy. :D

14. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

My two cents:

Trialing the new version at work to get the feel of it, and on first impression, I'm very impressed.

**Interface is ten times better than the old one. Logically defined and less clutter.
    **Less "cutesy" effects than the "throbbing tumor" of the old AMON--for me that's a good thing. :)
    **Still blindingly fast.
    **Cool, easy ability to implement in a networked environment without too much hassle. This too is a great thing.

Congrats all around to Eset!

15. BEASTIEPENDENT

BEASTIEPENDENT Registered Member

Gummersbach - near of my Birthday location COLOGNE
    on my mac pb 17 (mac os x 10.2.6) under virtual pc with w98se no probs with install. running fast, looking good with a clean surface ;) but didn't try mail IMON cause I'd had to set up new all my accs then...

16. fryr

fryr Registered Member

I reviewed version 1 a few months ago but the interface and numerous task bar icons meant I stuck with NAV2003.

I have continued to put up with the system overhead of NAV2003 whilst keeping my eye open on alternatives.

I tried version 2 yesterday and was so impressed with the new interface I ditched NAV2003 and purchased a licence for NOD32.

I know version 1 did the business but it didn't look the part - version 2 does. This may seem a silly reason to decide on asthetics but it takes a good and usable package to drag people away from something like NAV2003.

Keep up the good work - I for one am very pleased with the improvements.

17. Jimbo

Jimbo Registered Member

I used version one for nearly two years ,I was always happy with it as soon as I saw version 2 released I bought it and I'm happy

18. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have just recently dumped Norton and started with Nod32 . I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

19. Kym

Kym Registered Member

All I can say is LOVE IT

20. manxaura

manxaura Registered Member

Nod32 version 2, great stuff still working hard on the job and I feel safe.

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.