Hotmail Problem in Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

On one of my 3 PC's I am able to login and logout of hotmail, but I cannot open E-Mails or access folders other than the Inbox (Firefox Only). If I click on an E-Mail or folder nothing happens. The problem started recently. I am not sure if it was related to the latest Sun Java Update. I always have my web browsers Sandboxed except when I update software related to the Sandbox.

What could be the cause of this problem? Any ideas on how to correct the problem?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

other browser can open all folders? Are you blocking scripting?

3. TheKid7

I found out the the problem is related to Firefox 12 and the Foxit Reader Plugin.

Disabling the Foxit Reader Plugin causes the problem to go away. I tried uninstalling Foxit Reader, Restarting and then Re-installing Foxit Reader, but the problem came back. I found out that some people (Firefox 12 + Foxit Reader) are having this issue and others are not.

4. TheKid7

5. kontakos

kontakos Registered Member

+1

You are a lifesaver TheKid7! :thumb:

Noticed this problem a few days ago and felt terribly frustrated as I could read my mail in IE but not in Firefox 12.

Disabled the Foxit Reader plugin and everything is back to normal.

6. ASM

ASM Registered Member

Hi, thanks for your findings. In fact, you should rephrase the title. LOL.

7. TheKid7

Today I see in the above Foxit Forum link, a Foxit Moderator has acknowleged the problem and indicated that they are working at resolving the problem.

8. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

Now that's weird. I had the same problem with Hptmail but it was caused by Avira web checker. I would get in to Hotmail, not be able to select folders unless I logged out and then back in again. If I disabled Avira Web scan - no problem. By the way I don't have Foxit installed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.