Hosts issue

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by dukezofhazord, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukezofhazord

dukezofhazord Registered Member

Re: Tips, Tricks & FAQ's

Hello, I am having problems with hosts safe with both my brothers computer and my computer. it says ''Sorry, you do not have the privilages to use this, there could be a reason why this is happening, your computer account could be an (non-administrator) account or some program could be blocking it'' would you have any idea about fixing this? :doubt:

thanks,
    Ryan

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Exactly what the message says, either you are running as NON-Admin or you have some anti-spyware proggy/Firewall which you have utilised to 'Lock' the hosts files from being accessed, although ou mentioned "hosts safe" is that a program you know about?

If you ARE running as Admin, and still blocked, I suggest you start looking at your programs for eg:

Spybot S&D/Tools/IE Tweaks see if something in there is checked... [pic]

or are you using a HOSTS manager of some kind that locks the file.

Here is a recent thread on a hosts file problem, may be related to you also.

HOSTS PROBLEM

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

• 064.GIF
      064.GIF
      File size:
      12.5 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.