Host File

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DX2, Oct 22, 2014.

1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

This thread should be renamed HOSTS to avoid confusion with newer members & viewers !

2. NaviCell

NaviCell Registered Member

Me too I don't use those files anymore: now I'm happy with a huge but well refined (for my purposes) NoScript's A.B.E. ruleset.
    My /etc/hosts (I'm running Debian) now is something about 120000 entries, by mixing someonewhocares, yoyo, mvp and HP tracking hosts lists.
    I don't even use anymore Request Policy.
    Just thought it might be interesting for the original poster. :)

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

That depends on what Hosts file you are referring to. MVPS has the least amount of parked entries that I'm aware of. When one is in question it is commented out with a "#" rendering the entry useless.
    Without me sounding like I'm advertising the file. It's only on my forum sig as I run it and believe in the security value of such an item.

4. tlu

tlu Guest

I was specifically referring to the hosts files on http://rlwpx.free.fr/WPFF/hosts.htm mentioned by NaviCell.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

6. Tom111

Tom111 Registered Member

Which hosts file do you guys recommend more, MVPS or Dan Pollock's from someonewhocares.org ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.