hook

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by maddawgz, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

HI i got a thing pop up saing imaap..hook stopped keyboard or soemthign i think its incredimail...what do i do here thanks?
    Also i start up i had to let all my normal things start like msn? then tick dont ask me again..is that normal i wont be asked everytime will i?? thanks...?? maddawgz..

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi maddawgz, Once you have given the "Permit Always" you will not be asked again, unless the executable has changed either through update or by a malicious program.
    When in learning mode you should run all of your trusted security & internet enabled apps - reboot and then disable learning mode. Doing it that way will stop a lot of the alerts you are seeing.
    Regarding hooks, you may or may not need to allow them depending on whether you notice any degradation or loss of functionality of the program that is asking for hooks.

HTH Pilli

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Like Pilli said, hooks sometimes seem transparent to the user and in some cases may not even be needed, in which case you can leave them blocked. If you trust the program then often you'd just let it use hooks, but the ability to intercept hooks was added to help intercept keyloggers as well as DLL injection - simply but very effective :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.