HOme User

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by howard bryant, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I understand that I do not have to manually start Spywareblaster when I boot my pc, but I have no indication that it is running. When I open it, I see 'Spywareblaster' in task manager. But when I do not open it, I see nothing in task manager. How do I know it is workingo_O? I am running Win 98 along with McAfee Security Suite 6.

Thank you!

Howard

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey Howard. Welcome to Wilders!

SpywareBlaster does not run in real time. It is not a real-time protection program. Instead, you run it once, it puts "kill-bits" in your registry to prevent spyware from getting installed from the start. You only have to check for updates periodically and enable protection for all and you will be good to go. It doesn't start up at any time unless you start it up.

I hope this helps :)

3. I hate to be annoying (really), but how do I know it's actually doing anything? Thanks. Howard

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

You're not being annoying at all. That is how you learn :)

First, Look in SpywareBlaster and make sure that everything is enabled for protection. That is the first clue it has worked.

Secondly, You will notice over time that you haven't gotten as much spyware either. When spyware is installed, it drops pieces into your registry. SpywareBlaster prevents these pieces from ever being put into the registry so the install doesn't work.

SpywareBlaster is highly recommended to people by IT people everywhere, Including myself, so you just have to trust the numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.