Home Page in Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by momgenie, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momgenie

momgenie Registered Member

I have been trying to trace why msn.com is fixed as my unalterable Home page in both IE6 and now IE7.

I have narrowed it down to SpywareBlaster, I think.

In Tools, Browser Pages, clicking Change on the msn entry and putting in my requested new Home Page does not alter it. Is this a correct procedure that I am doing?

Firefox is my main browser but I want IE working properly.

I have checked Norton (Windows Firewall turned OFF), SpyBot/TeaTimer, Lavasoft AdAware SE Personal, Windows Defender and only SpywareBlaster seems to be causing the problem. Any Home Page entry I make in IE Tools, Internet Settings just won't stay.

Can anyone help? Or refer me to someone who can?

Thank you. I have found that all these programs I have listed have kept my PC beautifully clean since we got it in Nov 2004! Good on everyone who shares their knowledge like this.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The selection made in Spywareblaster should stick when you change it whether it be IE 6 or 7.

Having said that....and only speaking of IE 7 for a moment....if you just recently installed IE 7 it will fight you relentlessly until you make all the requested selections....your search provider in particular. IE7 attempts to connect to a http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx ... not your normal home page and until a search provider is chosen it will continue this loop.

That's one possibility :doubt:

3. momgenie

momgenie Registered Member

Nope. No problem having Google as my search.

As far as I can see in SpywareBlaster, it's the msn=Home Page which it will not accept any changes in; I can change it there as often as I like and it remains as msn=Home Page.

I can't figure this out at all.

I had IE7 installed and couldn't get it to leave runonce so uninstalled it again.
    I then used IE6 as usual as my spare browser and found msn was the Home Page. I reinstalled IE7 and this time got rid of runonce, but no change in the Home Page no matter what I tried. I've been searching the forums of every program that I think might be preventing it and only SpywareBlaster cannot be altered.

Any more ideas?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you highlight the entry in Spywareblaster that you are trying to change and select More Info On Item....what is the information given ?
    Also....what happenes when you attempt to simply change it in Interent Explorer....does it stick then ?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.