Home Network Help

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by whitedragon551, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I had my home network configured and everything was working perfect for about a month. I have 3 laptops. My gaming laptop which has my AC powered USB hub with my external 1.5TB HD and printer. The HD has 5 folders I share across the network and the printer is setup to be shared across the network. The HD has read permissions from the other 2 laptops, but not write or change permissions. The printer has printing capabilities, but no ability to change print preferences from anything other than my gaming laptop. The netbooks run Windows 7 Started. The gaming laptop runs Windows 7 x64 Pro.

The only thing I can think of that has changed (I verified settings) is that I went from a Netgear WGRv617 to my Linksys WRT54GS v2 with the DDWRT Mega firmware. Any ideas on how I would go about narrowing this down?

Communication between the two netbooks is fine. I cant access either netbook from my laptop with the shared HD or printer and neither netbook can access my laptop. I did notice in the network icon the two netbooks are connected to a [wireless network name] 2, where as my gaming laptop is connected to [wireless network name] 3. Im pretty sure thats where all of my issues are coming from. How do I go about deleting network 2 and 3 and making them all [wireless network name]. In Windows Vista you used to be able to merge and delete them from within the network and sharing center, but in Windows 7 its gone.

FWIW they are all part of the same work group as well under advanced system properties.

Ive narrowed it down to LnS firewall rather than DD WRT's Firmware. I could ping from my gaming laptop to the netbook IP and it would go through fine. When I ping from the netbook to the gaming laptop all of them get dropped. I added the proper rules that show up in the log, but still no dice. If I turn LnS off I have access.

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thanks for the followup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.