Home network file sharing problem?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by greggae, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greggae

greggae Registered Member

I purchased and installed Acronis v 8.0 True Image today and installed it on my home host PC with Win XP. All was fine in the installation. However, checking my single client PC...also with XP Home, I found that I could no longer see shared files from the client which are on the host. Internet Connection Sharing between the two PC's is fine, but the client cannot access the files on the host. The host can access files on the client. I get an error message on the client saying the client may not have permission to access these resources, but most importantly, it says that "Not enough server storage is available to process this command". Both PCs have large hard drives with plenty of unused space. I don't understand why the error refers to "server" storage. If I un-install V8.0 from the host all works fine again. Please advise me re: what to do if you have seen this before. Tried every which way of installing, network shut down, firewall and AV software disabled, safe mode.....even tried V 6.0 with same result. Install it...no access to shared files from the client. ICS works fine. Host can open files on the client. Un-install it and all is back to normal....client can open shared files on the host. Anyone have an idea what this is about?

2. dp

dp Registered Member

Are you logged in with the same account/password on both machines?

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Save this code as fix.reg and then run the file on the machines that get the error:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters]
    "IRPStackSize"=dword:00000012

4. greggae

dp....no...two different machines....no passwords to boot up. Home Network.

beentherb4......tell me more about what you think the problem is and why this will fix it. Also don't follow your sugesstion to save code and run the file....what code and what file?

My registry shows the same as what you listed except for an 11 on the end. I can easily change that if you give me good reason.

5. greggae

6. greggae

OK, tried it and it seems to have worked. Thanks alot! I now need to make sure everything else still works fine, but for the time being, the problem seems to be fixed due to benthereb4 and a friend of mine on another forum who found the link to the fix. Hat's off to both of you......as long as it keeps working. Hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.