Home 2009 wants password.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hhopper, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hhopper

hhopper Registered Member

I purchased Acronis Home 2009 a few months ago. I just bought a new computer and installed 2009 Home on it. When I try to use any of the functions, it asks me for a password. I didn't install any passwords. I can't do anything. The software is useless. How do I reset whatever password it's asking for? o_O

Hop o_O

2. hhopper

I saw in the knowledge base that I should reinstall Acronis Home 2009. So I uninstalled it and then attempted to reinstall it. The install screen just sat there for two hours. Nothing happened. I stopped it and tried to install it again. Now it won't do anything. It won't uninstall it, it won't repair it and it won't install it. Help! Please. This is ridiculous! If it doesn't run, I want my money back.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Cleaning out the temp files often worksm then you can do a repair install or an uninstall and then install.

To delete temporary files in Vista, go to here and delete files: C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp

To delete temporary files in XP, go to here:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Local Settings\Temp

4. hhopper

That didn't help. Acronis still asks for a password for anything I try to do. I never installed a password to begin with so I have no idea what it's looking for. There must be some way to start clean. I just loaded it and have not been able to do a thing with it.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Do you use a log on password for your Windows install? If you don't you will need one to allow TI to work.

You can setup your Windows password (in XP ) to auto logon.

TI needs to be able to log on so it can run tasks in the background, for example for those people who have the PC go into standby etc.

You might be able to solve the problem if you install for all users rather than just yourself, but I can't recall if this works.

Colin

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hhopper,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Use the following article to manually uninstall Acronis True Image Home 2009. Then install the software once again and see if the issue persists.

Does the software ask for the password or serial number? Can you please attach the screen shot?

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.