Home 2009 poor media quality, cannot restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by technerd, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technerd

technerd Registered Member

Recently (finally) got around to trying the Home 2009 beta (2) and I've run into an issue restoring. Have used many versions of Acronis products in the past, and full backup/restore is my main use for the software. Like the layout of the new version so far. Simple and straightforward like all the other products :)

Burned two disc set, one dvd, one cd of a hard drive image. Booted to rescue media (cd), but I cannot restore the image.

Seems it has trouble reading the discs, even though they read fine in the dvd/rw drive from Windows (vista). I put in the last one, it sees the backup, then it asks for the first disc. Can't read it, but after clicking cancel, it lets me continue? After it shows that I can "proceed" I then get nowhere - it won't read anything from the optical drive.

I already tried copying the cd to a dvd, thinking maybe it had trouble with different media types, but that doesn't help either. Images are password protected, using max encryption settings.

Any ideas? Re-burn with different brand dvdso_O Thanks!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I suggest burn another DVD (perhaps a rewritable in case it becomes a coaster), if same thing occurs then try using a + if using a - or vice versa. If that still fails, then I'd raise a ticket on the beta test site if you have access to that, or alternatively send them an email to the beta address they've given.

Though that email address/server seems to be under quite a bit of pressure, as there has been up to 5 days delay in delivery.

Colin

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.