Hoe to block this youtube connection?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by avboy, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avboy

avboy Registered Member

When I connect to youtube I see lots of connections opening to *.1e100.net, the * being a series of sinXXsXX like sin04s01 or sin04s06 or sin04s08 etc. Blocking in hosts file do not work, for if I block sin04s01, a new series opens with sin04s06 and so on. Sometimes they are on port 80, but mostly on post 443 (https).

Only way is to block the domain 1e100.net with a wildcard, but thats not possible in hosts file. Doing that using leechblock or Angryhosts do not work. Since the above domain *.1e100.net redirects to Google, blocking it is (with its IP) normally an option, but not with youtube for obvious reasons.

So is there anyway that it can be blocked? This is not a URL that I type, it is a series pf connections that is opened once I visit youtube. I am using Firefox.

Thanks

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I visit YouTube a lot and have never seen a connection to 1e100.net. I don't know what to say.

Edit: I tried without using any blockers or stuff that would prevent YouTube from loading fully.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  4. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

If you use Firefox, you might install the NoScript add-on and experiment with it. I don't know if you'll be able to stop all of it, but you should be able to significantly reduce the amount of unnecessary garbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.