HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Thanks for the idea. I did that, and have a report on the outcome in the post just above this one.

2. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Has anyone had to completely reinstall HMP Alert and then discover there is 2 1/2 years' worth of license activated? I downloaded Alert directly from Surfright and when I went to activate it, it already was an showing expiration date of 2020/01/02. I had to override it. Bummer. But maybe the Lomans can look into this some time, I think it's only 1 year at a time, right?.

Attached Files:

3. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

Last patch tuesday, I found that HMPA was blocking MS updates, so I uninstalled it. Now I am wondering whether there is a certain module I could disable to solve that problem, and still use the rest of HMPA functionality.

4. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

I have had similar, with 712 beta, and stable 604. You can search for my recent posts on the other HitmanPro.Alert Beta thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/hitmanpro-alert-beta.394398/page-17#post-2696387, and subsequent.

I was not able to find any specific module responsible so currently it is uninstalled.

The Lomans are still MIA.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  5. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

I don't know why on your device HMPA showed expiration date 2020/01/02.
    But there are not only 1 year licenses. There are also 3 year licenses available.

6. Stupendous Man

For clarity, could you mention the HMPA version, the stable build or one of the beta, and also the Windows version, and in case of Windows 10, also which build, please. Thanks.

7. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

It happened to me just like to @paulderdash .
    Both with the stable version of 3.6 and with the beta version 3.7.
    Windows 10 pro x64 CU

8. Tinstaafl

Tinstaafl Registered Member

I had no problem with the July 2017 updates for Win 10 Pro x64 1607 - Anniversary(14393.1480), running HMPA 3.6.7-604.

9. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

:eek:Whaaat?! No two-year license? Well! Anyway, thank you for info. :) Actually, I would like to have two-year option, especially since Surfright is no longer independent. But this is an opinion.

10. XIII

XIII Registered Member

They also have(?)/had 2 years licenses; I bought a 3 PC / 2 years license on a Black Friday.

11. Libraman

Libraman Registered Member

Hi
    HMP.Alert 3.6.7|604 / W10 Prof. x32 (15063.540 now) and no problem with Windows Updates in july/Aug.

12. kram7750

kram7750 Guest

Keep Norton real-time protection enabled, and do an on-demand scan with a product like HitmanPro.

That should be more convenient for you in terms of speed. :)

13. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

The scans with HMP.A are definitely much faster. It's probably way overkill, ;) but I run manual scans with a variety of resident and on-demand products on a rotation basis, including Norton and HMP.A.

14. paulderdash

Both @shmu26 and I are Win 10 Pro x64 and on Win 10 v1703 15063. Maybe the issue is to do do with that combo (?) ... both stable and beta HMPA.

15. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

To double-check, I went to the Surfright webpage and in "checkout," only the 1 year/1 PC option was available to buy. Also, when I auto renew, one year is the only choice. No 3-year option is offered. Is there another source for license period extensions or options? Black Friday every week would be nice but....

HMPA checkout.PNG

16. Stupendous Man

As shown in SHvFl's screen capture - click to see all license options.
    I think it would be a good idea if Sophos/SurfRight would make it clearer that there are more license options than one to choose.

17. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

SHvFI and Stupendous Man, thank you again. You know what it probably was? Adblock for Internet Explorer might have wiped out the tab marker to select options, leaving one to think that was the only choice. I checked in Edge and the down arrow is visible there. :rolleyes:

Yes, that would be a nice thing to consider. Agreed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2017
  18. guest

guest Guest

This was also my problem some time ago :)

19. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

mood: perplexing, right? lol. :)

20. paulderdash

Part of the reason I do financial stuff on a browser instance with no add-ons ;).

21. Tinstaafl

Tinstaafl Registered Member

I reserve Edge for that task! :thumb:

22. guest

guest Guest

Yep :thumb:
    I am doing it too now, for critical/financial stuff.

23. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

I just installed Foxit PhantomPDF. The "Convert to Foxit PDF" add-on seems to be working fine on Internet Explorer 11, but every time I open Firefox and it detects the presence of the new add-on, HMP.A intercepts and blocks it. FP?

How do I stop HMP.A from blocking this FF add-on? I can think of two possibilities right away: either disable all the mitigations for the FF Plugin Container, or add the plugin container to the exceptions list.

However, this would seem to be a blanket exception/disabling that could leave my browser vulnerable to other, truly malicious add-ons. Is there a way to add an exception for ONLY the Foxit add-on?

24. guest

guest Guest

What are the alert details (including thumbprint)?

25. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Here is the APPCRASH message from Windows:
    And here is the HMP.A interception screenshot:
    HMPA vs Foxit plugin.png

The HMP.A window didn't leave enough room for both the thumbprint and the mitigation type, which is LoadLib.

Hope this helps in pinpointing the problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.