HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. guest

guest Guest

What security software is installed on your system, and are you using the latest version of HMP.A? (3.6.3 Build 586)

2. hotlips69

hotlips69 Registered Member

I'm using HMP.A 3.6.1b574 with NOD32 antivirus on W10 x64.

I'm using a very old (circa 15 years) keyboard (originally a serial connector, now converted to USB) into a KVM switch.

Every now & then, the keyboard will simply stop responding & I have to remove & replug the keyboard USB in the KVM switch & it works perfectly again.
    I've now started getting a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD when I replug this keyboard.

By process of elimination, I've discovered that by disabling BadUSB the issue goes away, but why is it happening in the 1st place?
    This has only been happening for about 3-4 months.

If I go into BadUSB & select "USB keyboard devices" it says "Failed" so it's basically not recognising my keyboard & getting confused??

I keep this specific keyboard as it's got a built in trackpad, plus is ergonomic & I've not found anything to beat it.

3. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

While older serial KVM-Switches worked, and some PS2-Switches worked for a while (some months),
    I'm astonished, that your setup worked at all.
    In the company I work for, we gave up using KVM-Switches, with USB-Ports, because none worked reliable.

Regarding HMP.A:
    Disable BadUSB, and you are fine.
    Don't expect to find an other solution.

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Are you using an older build intentionally? The latest version of HMPA is 3.6.3 build 586

5. MikeRepairs

MikeRepairs Registered Member

Shure would be nice if tray icon shows different when in silent audit mode.

6. MtrXUser

MtrXUser Registered Member

@mood

I have updated now to the 3.6.3.build 586 version but Intruder alert remains.

I use hitmanpro scanner, comodofirewall with antivirus, Zonealaramfrewall with anitvirus, windows 10 firewall, Avira Antivirus, Iobit Antivirus from Advanced Ultimate Systemcare, Iobit malwarefighter, reason core
    security,Malwarebytes,Superantispyware,Spybot search &destroy.

I use this security programs for some few years now and never had conflicts between each other

Attached Files:

7. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Even though 3.6.3.586 is offered on the website, it was not yet announced as release version, and the previous stable release 3.6.1.574 is not yet automatically updated to 3.6.3.586.
    I suppose hotlips69 uses the latest stable release that was offered by auto update, being 3.6.1.574.

8. test

test Registered Member

related to "visual aspect", a lot of elements should be improved but at the moment it seems these are not priority at all :blink: ...

9. test

test Registered Member

ellapeppa! :eek: :D

Comodo 100%

10. MtrXUser

You mean comodo causes this problem? but why then it dont show up Intruder alert in Firefox/google chrome?

11. test

test Registered Member

i don't know, anyway your setup is far from good.

just for fun, long ago i tried in VM that particular mix and on time...ZAC!

Image 1.jpg
    Comodo Cloud Antivirus (1.2.392126.236B), IE 11/Chrome...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  12. MtrXUser

Thanks for your opinion! I have use Comodo and HMPA for a long time and never had that problem! capito paisano?

13. Stupendous Man

There is nothing wrong with using scanners on demand only, but using several real-time antivirus together is definitely not recommended.
    Even if no conflicts are noticed, there may be conflicts that diminish protection.
    And if no conflicts were noticed without HitmanPro.Alert, there may be (probably will be) conflicts with HitmanPro.Alert with the combination of multiple real-time antivirus together.
    As test said, your setup, with so many antivirus, looks far from good.

14. mWave

mWave Guest

Also potential performance issues, since if you have multiple security products scanning files for the I/O operations (e.g. when a file is accessed, written to or a PE is mapped into memory for program execution) = increased system slow-down.

I also agree that the likelihood of there being compatibility issues with using HitmanPro.Alert alongside all those existent real-time security products he has installed on his system are high.

I am surprised he hasn't ran into obvious problems from using so many products in real-time. Interesting....

15. test

test Registered Member

@ Erik:
    so 586 is declared final??

Image 1.jpg

16. guest

guest Guest

If you're running these applications at the same time, it can lead to problems.
    Comodo might have caused your issue: #12951
    But there is also a "large selection" of other applications available which might have caused your issue too.
    There was another report of an Intruder Alert in Microsoft Edge some time ago. If i compare it with your report, your report is longer but the same .dll's were mentioned.
    Maybe the developer can look at your report and is able to say more about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
  17. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

... Yeah but mood, That's not my quote. ;)

18. Stupendous Man

It was mine, of course. :)

19. MtrXUser

thank you all!
    As I said before I have use this security config in real time for a long time never had probs with HitmanproA or other programms before.
    The funny thing is I also was once an only one antivirus and 1 firewall program user but I have wanted to test another realtime antivirus program and it has found infections which the other didnt has found...
    One porgam find what another doesnt....
    I have a SSD harddrive and no proformence slowdown(with HDD I also had no slowdowns) my CPU is at 9-10 % use, ram 29-30 %
    All would be good if this HMPA "Intruder" issue wouldnt be there!

20. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Does HMPA detect/prevent fileless attacks?

21. test

test Registered Member

Image 1.jpg

Sophos Intercept X.jpg

22. Socio

Socio Registered Member

23. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Just reinstalled HMP.A 3.6.3.586 on this machine and it stops my Vivaldi browser from launching. Firefox and Chrome launch without any problems. Vivaldi is installed in C:\users\ etc.. but the problem still exists if I reinstall it in C:\Program Files\.
    It starts and runs if I disable browser mitigation for it as expected. Any ideas?
    Although there are entries for WSA I don't have WSA installed and haven't since I installed Vivaldi

Edit: I now see from checking up on WSALookupService that it is in fact an OS function. Learn something new every day!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  24. test

test Registered Member

Alert = Intercept X

25. guest

guest Guest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.