HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Good that it worked, but as additionally to setting Action mode to Silent audit you also disabled the service, we cannot tell if only setting Action mode to Silent audit would have been enough. But perhaps you could try that another time, if you'd like.

2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

A heads up to anyone running Norton. If you receive 22.8.0.50 and run Get Support after you might receive this crap.
    Bullshit!.PNG
    Note too that MBAM is the free version on this machine. :thumbd:

I have already let Symantec know how I feel about this.

3. cavehomme

cavehomme Registered Member

I think this is a very serious issue for Keepass users. HMP.alert does recognise Keepass as "other" and protects keystrokes once the application is fully opened, HOWEVER, it does not appear to be encrypting Keepass at the crucial point when Keepass initially pops up the the request for the Keepass master password, which is the key to the Kingdom!!!

When this Keepass master password request is running, if I look under "running applications" in HMP.alert, Keepass is not showing as running nor protected, therefore that's why I suspect there is no encryption or any other protection of Keepass at this crucial initial point. Once the password is entered and Keepass is fully launched, then Keepass appears in "running applications" in HMP.alert.

I may have missed on this long thread if there is any fix proposed, would appreciate very much an update, thanks.

4. Roxl

Roxl Registered Member

Still unable to start up my machine, if hmpa is installed.
    Anyone else?
    First restart leads me to a unresponsive Loginscreen of my win 10 pro UA, which shuts down automatically after about 10 seconds.
    After the third unsuccessful reboot windows let me boot in safe mode, where i have to uninstall hmpa to get back to my desktop.
    - I have turned off secure boot in bios
    - I have disabled all the protection settings in hmpa before restarting
    ...still the same issue.
    Before updating to win 10 AU from win 10 everything went well.
    It would be great if I could still use a few days of my license. ;)

5. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Have you tried the HMP.A Uninstall Tool for a fresh install?

32-bit: http://dl.surfright.nl/hmpalert-uninstall.exe

64-bit: http://dl.surfright.nl/hmpalert-uninstall_x64.exe

6. test

test Registered Member

...but, more importantly, have you tried uninstalling Bitdefender Total Security 2016??

7. mood

mood Updates Team

Applications, that are not displayed in the taskbar are not shown in the "Protected"/"Unprotected"-list.
    Keypass minimized to the tray = Not shown in the "Protected"-list.
    You can observe it with all programs that can be minimized to the tray.
    As soon as it's minimized it disappears from the list. That doesn't mean that the protection is gone too.

And if you have selected: "Remember and automatically open last used database on startup", you won't see it listed until you entered your password and the Keypass-window is opened.
    Then it appears, correct?
    But even if it's not shown, HMP.A is protecting the entering of the master password.
    I think you'll notice too that there is no border around the "Enter Master key"-window. Nevertheless HMP.A is doing it's Keystroke Encryption.
    HMP.A_Keypass.png
    Keypass is not listed + no colored border but you can see that Keystrokes are encrypted (i only entered 11111111 as password)

8. Roxl

Roxl Registered Member

@Krusty13
    I used the uninstaller tool of hmpa without success. thx you

@test
    I've uninstalled Bitdefender 2016 suite. Unfortunately still not a solution. thanks. Btw after reinstalling AV i've now Bitdefender 2017 on the machine. :D

9. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

10. Lonesome Bob

Lonesome Bob Registered Member

There are Windows updates available following the AU upgrade, make sure those are installed. I've experienced similar startup behavior on Windows 10 AU systems without HMPA, even when using simpler BIOS-based machines. As an experiment I would suggest unplugging all attached USB devices (except wired keyboard and mouse) then setting the system’s boot device order such that the Windows OS drive becomes the first listed device.

11. erikloman

erikloman Developer

It is indeed just the border that is missing. Passwords are protected. Next build has a fix for this.

Thanks for reporting!

12. Tinstaafl

Tinstaafl Registered Member

I just ran into an issue with HMPA 3.5.3 build 562, while trying to login to another forum that runs on vBulletin v4.2.3. I have ruled out my browser and browser plugins (tried with a fresh Firefox default profile, no plugins, as well as with Chrome). Only by disabling HMPA will it let me login. If I let HMPA protection run, I quickly get locked out for 15 mins before I can try again. I requested a password reset, then disabled HMPA, and then my login was permitted normally. So I logged out, re-activated HMPA, & the next login attempt failed. Site error message indicated that I had used an incorrect userid or password too many times. Wait 15 more minutes ...

I have the link if anybody needs it.

I don't know if this issue was present in the last couple of HMPA builds, because it's been a while since I logged into this other site.

Any suggestions? I searched this forum for vBulletin issues and came up empty ...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  13. erikloman

erikloman Developer

What other AV are you running? Try turning off SSL/TLS filtering in that AV.

Note: HMPA does no SSL/TLS filtering, but it might conflict with SSL/TLS network filters.

14. Tinstaafl

I have Avira Pro running with all web, browser, and email protection disabled. Local file real-time scan only. No network filtering or proxies, other than Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) used by the Windows Firewall. That and HMPA is all. I run a lean, mean, malware fighting machine :)

Edit: just noticed that the forum in question does not even use a secure connection ...

15. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Avira Pro does extensive network filtering.
    Just open an administrative command prompt and type:

netsh wfp show filters

notepad filters.xml

And then search for Avira

Notice lots of filtering applied to the network. This is the source of the conflict. Apparently Avira filtering conflicts with Alert's filtering. We'll try to improve this in the next build.

16. fa9ool

fa9ool Registered Member

Hello there guys nice to meet you all i am new on the forum and asking for some help or advise it's about the program called hitmanpro alret.3.5.3 the problem is it keep gives me false alert about some programs for example Skype~ Some Online Games~ Windows Media player + VLC player and it slows down Kaspersky Scan and some stuff i tried Malwarebyts before but i didn't like it because it wont catch some malware i tested and i cant find any option in hitmanpro alret about blocking or unblocking programs and such any ideas how to trun of false alret guys.

17. Tinstaafl

OK, thanks Erik!!! I will buy that explanation. I just tried the same scenario with HMPA active, and with the Windows Firewall disabled, and I was able to login OK. So it looks as if the workaround for now is to disable one or the other. Good thing I don't need to visit that site very often, but it does leave me wondering what other troubles that conflict could bringo_O

18. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Has Symantec gotten back to you? What did they say?

19. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Unofficial at this stage.

I believe Norton is flagging Alert because Norton was triggering a Cryptoguard block when Norton updated to new versions. I have also told Symantec that Erik has released new versions of Alert that solved that problem.

Cheers.

20. jaan michiels

jaan michiels Registered Member

Hi, I have been using this product for 1 year now.
    I'm pretty happy with software but I ran yesterday and today very annoying issue because of hitman pro alert. I have installed Forza Horizon 3 and I couldn't launch the game, it close after some second.
    I have reinstalled windows for that game and it worked until I installed hitman pro alert then it couldn't launch. Can you please fix it.
    Thanks

21. mirage22

mirage22 Registered Member

Hi a problem has cropped up on our Office systems running Windows 10 Enterprise edition.

Once updated to the 3.5.3 version, the system boots up and programs such as Edge and all others throw up the following error: Class is not registered.

Uninstalling HMPA restored everything back to normal.

I also lost another System at the same time that would not boot up at all. Cause Bitlocker was enabled, DISM or SFC would not run without running through hoops. I don't know if HMPA was responsible, but we have just re-formated the drive and reinstalled windows.

Is there a way to disable auto update on the rest of the machines?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  22. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Earlier this month, Erik mentioned:
    Therefore, you may need to add Forza Horizon 3 as an exclusion in HMP.A.
    To do so, open the HMP.A user interface,
    in settings, choose Advanced interface,
    click the blue Exploit mitigation tile, and then Applications,
    scroll to the right, and under Exclude, choose Add exclusion, navigate to the Zombie City Defense 2 exe, and add it as exclusion.
    Please let us know if that helps.

23. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Norton was shredding files (overwrite files with random data). This is what we detected. We have made a workaround as we very much like to work together with Norton. I am sad to hear that Symantec decided to blacklist our software. They could at least have the decency to contact us :thumbd:

24. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Are there any events in the event log indicating Alert is the cause?

25. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Erik, I gave them contact details. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.